What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad model you have?

which iPad model you own?

• 16GB WiFi

Votes: 236 22.7%
  • 32GB WiFi

Votes: 186 17.9%
  • 64GB WiFi

Votes: 153 14.7%
  • 16GB WiFi + 3G

Votes: 68 6.6%
  • 32GB WiFi + 3G

Votes: 146 14.1%
  • 64GB WiFi + 3G

Votes: 263 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

maykover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad2 64g WIFI

Was talked out of getting 64g WIFI+3G when I was waiting in the line on iPad2 release day!

Now wish I got 3G...I travel a lot.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

5teve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackburn in NW of . . . . . . . . . . . . Engl
I'm just a simple guy so I bought the iPad 2 in white, 32gb and wi-fi only.
I used a cunning plan and bought it for my wife as readers of other sections of this forum will know . :D

One thing that puzzles me a lot though, is this.
At the time that I bought my iPad in the Apple Store in Southampton (UK) my model of iPad cost £420. The 64 gb version costs £478. A difference, you will agree of £58.
Now, folk keep telling me that they bought the 64 gb version because they wanted to have a gazillion movies on their iPad. Fair enough, but is it worth the extra £58 when even with the 16 gb version you could have, say, 5 movies on board. I can't foresee a time when I would want to sit somewhere and watch even 5 movies one after the other, never mind a gazillion. The battery wouldn't last that long anyway.
With the 32 gb, I have 10 movies on tap in iTunes and, when going out for the day with the grand-kids, I just make sure there are 3 films for them to choose from.

Even crazier is that I now have 4 x 8gb SD cards, courtesy of eBay, @ £5.95 each which each take a minimum of 6 films. They connect to the iPad 2 using a "2 in 1 USB SD camera connection kit reader for Apple iPad", again bought from eBay for a total of £4.38 inc UK postage.
I was dubious as to if the SD cards would work, as anybody would be at that kind of price, so I bought 1 and gave it a thorough going over when it arrived. Even to the extent of contacting Sandisk. It all worked fine and Sandisk said it wasn't a fake so I then bought 3 more from the same guy.
Oh, yeah, the Connection kit works perfectly as well and at £4.38 it was a lot cheaper than Apple's £25 gizmo that does just the same thing.

So now, even more, I struggle to see a logical reason for the ordinary user to buy the 64 gb model.

Cheers, m'dears,
Steve

CyberPrince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 white 32GB WiFi/ 3G....it's awesome..
I'm not interested :p..

Last edited:

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 32GB wifi black, I use my wifi hotspot on my phone for "free" 3G coverage. I still have to pay the phone bill, but I don't see the need to pay another monthly charge for 3G when I already have it that I can share :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts