What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Configuration of Ipad to get

freddmc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plan to get an ipad 3 in the next while and wonder how much memory I will need. I already have an iphone and plan to get a wi-fi only ipad. For the little time I will be away from wifi I feel that tethering to the iphone will work out OK.
I don't download music or videos nor do I take videos. But I plan to have pictures for my business. Not thousands of pictures but perhaps a few hundred.
I wonder if the 16 gb version will be adequate. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Fred Mc.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Quite simply, the biggest one you can afford. If you have too much storage it won't bother you, if you have too little it will bother you a lot.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Incidentally, you've spelt Vancouver wrong...just saying.

The more Canucks the better, IMHO.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've always been fine with my 16gb iPad but I also have a 64gb 4s. I ordered the 16gb but I don't plan on taking pics or videos with it as I have my phone. The one thing I learned most from the 4s though is those high def is and videos especially can eat up storage very fast. One video I took on my phone was about 3 minutes long and wound out to be about 1gb in storage so just be prepared for that. Just like said above it is much better to have extra space than not enough.

wayneh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm surprised how much space apps can use. I've got about 50 apps, mostly free ones, games, a couple of magazines, TV and movies, etc... I noticed today they take up 10 gb.

AFAngryWarrior

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.verizonwireless.com
Quite simply, the biggest one you can afford. If you have too much storage it won't bother you, if you have too little it will bother you a lot.

I agree 100%. I own the 16GB iPad 2 and I always have to decide what to delete because I'm always running out of room. So when I pre-ordered "The New iPad" I got the 32GB one. I went wifi only though because my wife and I both have tablets and instead of paying for (2) 4G data lines with Verizon we have a 4G MIFI Jetpack that we can both connect to at the same time and only have 1 paid data line. Plus I have WIFI at work and home so the only time I need the 4G is when we travel or go somewhere without WIFI.

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps, music and photos can be stored in iCloud and Apple says movies will also be able to be stored in the cloud so physical storage may not be a big issue anymore.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jmbarker said:
Apps, music and photos can be stored in iCloud and Apple says movies will also be able to be stored in the cloud so physical storage may not be a big issue anymore.

Yeah, this does help. My 32gb iPad 2 gets a lot of use and we have plenty of apps but we do not have any videos stored on it and only a little music. I think the key is video and music. Users that pile that stuff on had better have a bunch of space. Everyone else, 32 seems to be just ducky. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts