What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which browser?

Katwat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which is the best browser to use? There seems to be a few to choose from. I'm not particularly IT savvy!
Safari, Opera(?)... any others?

dreamerdonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer Opera. Safari is good, but it has some kind of cash memory issue. (You will face it when you going to access multiple text box.) On the other hand opera is a good browser and I have an android phone and I also use it on that. :rolleyes:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've been using Mercury lately. Features include gestural navigation, ability to import Firefox bookmarks from your computer, full-screen option, built-in newsreader, lots of contextual menu actions. Downside is the same as all third-party browsers: not the default, so links in other apps still open in Safari.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded Mercury but it gives me error on every webpage that 'page could not be loaded' when its actually loading just fine. The message won't go away unless to click to close. This is iPad 1st Gen wi-fi with iOS 5.1.1 (jailbroken) if that makes any difference.

I plan to give a try to Opera and Chrome.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The best browser is the one that gives you the features that you require.

What features are you looking for in a browser ? So instead of randomly recommending browsers we can actually narrow it down to one you might use.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Atomic web browser has been working well for me. I think it was .99 cents. Very worthwhile choice, IMO.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I personally use google chrome or safari mainly because it what I have on my pc, and what can I say, I'm a sucker for all that data syncing across my devices

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
pattinsonbvs said:
have Chrome both on my desktop computer and on my iPad, but I prefer Firefox. The first things I wanted to add to my iPad Chrome were Adblock and Ghostery, but so far no luck yet. :) If I wasn't looking for these two addons, I would stick with Safari.

Too bad Firefox isn't available for the iPad. I use it on my laptop.

OP
K

Katwat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for your feedback. I have Firefox on my PC, perhaps I should stick with what I already know. :)

OP
K

Katwat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Katwat said:
Thank you all for your feedback. I have Firefox on my PC, perhaps I should stick with what I already know. :)

Or maybe not!

katsiko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use "Dolphin for iPad" and have dissabled the native Safari browser from Settings. Rapid, nice layout, handy interface with easy addition of bookmarks and speed dials.

Most reactions

Latest posts