What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where's the upgrade to IOS 10?

OP
M

Mike9685

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for the help. I'll be talking to the guy I bought it from. Looks like it's time to upgrade.
Mike

justjoan123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) As in my previous response, you have the original iPad Mini which cannot be upgraded to iOS 10 as stated in my post above, sorry. Dave
Well thanks, all, and rats! But since I do not have a data version of the iPad mini I suspect I will not miss all the sexier bells and whistles, especially as they are all there in force on my iPhone. But still, rats!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like yours is an iPad mini 1st generation, 32Gb cellular model.

You can ignore this list

iOS 10 Compatibility : Which devices support iOS 10

which is clearly WRONG since it states that iOS10 is available for the iPad2. It isn't!

Here's the complete list, from Apple. Yours is not on it.

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 10.20.24 AM.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for the help. I'll be talking to the guy I bought it from. Looks like it's time to upgrade.

Well thanks, all, and rats! But since I do not have a data version of the iPad mini I suspect I will not miss all the sexier bells and whistles, especially as they are all there in force on my iPhone. But still, rats!

@ Mike & JustJoan - the original iPad Mini is an 'ancient' device w/ poor resolution compared to retina standards, an old CPU, and limited RAM - take a look at the chart below where I've added some comparative 'red circles' and also the RAM at the top in red (Source). Apple is currently offering both the Mini 2 & Mini 4, both w/ retina screens (my wife was astounded when she went from the original iPad Mini to the Mini 4) - of course, the Mini 4 is somewhat more expensive, but includes a better processor(s) and twice the RAM - good luck in your choice. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 12.24.46 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts