What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where has my keyboard gone

Stattovic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sumitting this thread using my wireless keyboard. Had to wait till I got home because some odd things been happening.

Just recently the keypad split into two either side of the screen, and now it fails to come up at all when wanting to type someting, ie typing a url in Safari, or sending an e-mail.

I haven't had the ipad2 very long so wonder if I have touched something I shouln't have.

Can someone please advise.
Thank you.

PinkPrincess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi The on-screen keyboard turns off auto when bluetooth is detected , maybe try disconnecting and going to settings and turn bluetooth off see if this helps , good luck

btw to get the split keyboard just place a finger from each hand on the keyboard and tap and pull your fingers outwards. The keyboard will split as soon as you start moving both fingers outwards.
To put it back together, just make the opposite motion – pushing your fingers inwards
You must have done this by accident

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts