What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When i update my ipad to ios 6.1 then have some problem in map app

shibbu sharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i have ios 4.3.3 then ipad map work great oly have type current location to destination location name and it show fully with blue colour way
And way distance in kilometer with travel time
But now after i update ios 6.1 it never show same before
And when find way from current location to destination name then it cant find anything else
I dont know why this problem come
help me i need ipad map same before
It ever say direction not found for this locations

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When Apple released iOS 6, they also revealed that the stock/default Maps app was no longer the one from Google. It is now solely an Apple product. That's why it behave differently than from what you remember before.

If you wish to have the Google maps back, it is available at the AppStore as a free download. It won't be the one that will open by default, but at least it will be available (and hopefully, familiar).

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
S

shibbu sharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When Apple released iOS 6, they also revealed that the stock/default Maps app was no longer the one from Google. It is now solely an Apple product. That's why it behave differently than from what you remember before.

If you wish to have the Google maps back, it is available at the AppStore as a free download. It won't be the one that will open by default, but at least it will be available (and hopefully, familiar).

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Thanksss micky 330
But now i alreday check that free google map but it not work
Very well

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanksss micky 330
But now i alreday check that free google map but it not work
Very well

Well, no it doesn't. The reason Apple went away from Googles map app is Google refused to give turn by turn then used the lack of this feature to push its Android operating system as better than iOS. Apple wanted to give us what we wanted so had to move to another map source

Most reactions

Latest posts