What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what's your favourite game on the iPad?

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, first off, I'd say that the descriptions that are recommended by the thread starter are not really that descriptive but anyways, I'd also like to share a few games that I personally like to play. I think of most of them have been posted already earlier by other members but let me just tell them anyways.

(In no specific order)
1. Asphalt 7 - Racing Game. This game really challenges me hard enough to play every cup but the graphics and gameplay is fairly great. There is a ton of cars that is unlockable and can also be rented before you buy, sponsors to give you a boost before each race, and tons of many others features, not much for realism like Real Racing 2 HD, but it's a start.

2. Chaos Rings 2 - RPG - A successor of the Chaos Rings titles, the compelling story goes on and game play and graphics are also quite good, although the lack of characters at maximum that can go on a single battle is limited (which is 2), and some monster types are just quite repetitive or just changing their colors which I've seen in my 26 hours of playing it, the items and features and battle types makes up for it, so in overall, it's still a good game.

3. Amazing Spiderman - Adventure - Spiderman on the iOS! For a start, it's a great game, with a sandbox type kind of game, which means free roaming before starting a mission, checking out the views, although you can't steal cars like in GTA III, you don't need 'em for travel anyways, Spidey travels through web slinging. This game has a ton of powerups to unlock, a load of missions to go on and also a good story, graphics are also quite good.

4. Infinity Blade II - Action/Adventure - This game really focuses on graphics, also the game might be quite simple with the hack and slash gameplay, the story makes up for it and the number of items to master and unlock/buy is quite good also.

Well I got sleepy, I'll post again next time I guess. Tell me if my recommendations are a-must or even just a a-must-try.

Jirokitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You guys should try fish with attitude it a fun little game
It about fishes with a bunch of different emotions like smart, artist, and etc.
You breed rare fishes and it easy to start with

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, TheRambler, I've been looking through some games that I've bought off lately and some were outstanding enough for me to share it here.

(No specific order)
1. Tap Tap 4 - Rhythm - My kind of games, although this one was the only one that could satisfy me (there are some others but not that much), this is what I think one of The Best Rhythm type games, gameplay is smooth, music are in a wide variety and new songs still come off the market much much more than provided by any other rhythm games and also features a good theme player. I know this is old but since there is a ton of apps now, I just want to bring it back anyways.

2. Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation - First-Person Shooter - Modern Combat 3, is a successor of the Modern Combat titles, provides a wide array of equipment and the story is quite thrilling. The graphics are quite great which can be (quite easily) handled by an A4 Chip Device, enough to prevent game lags. The gameplay is still great as the usual, and you still can't get enough of it.

3. Where's my Water? - Arcade/Strategy - "Where's my Water?" is one of the very few arcade games that I enjoy off, others being named "Cut the Rope" and its sequels, and Temple Run, provides cute characters and story may be short but still quite cute also but the gameplay pays for it all. There's a ton of levels to master to perfection, you can only have so much time thinking of a way to deliver the water to the little crocodile while having to think of going through obstacles, dissolving stuff, mixing liquids and so on.

4. Civilization Revolution - Simulation/Strategy - Deep Thinking Strategy Games another one of my type of games also my favorite type. Civilization Revolution is like the ones on the DOS version although a bit short on the iPad version. So anyways for the ones that still doesn't know this game, Civilization revolution as said before is a deep thinking strategy game, where you manage your first settlement or city at the beginning then live your city each turn, you get to relocate your workers to be a farmer or trader and etc, manage your army and etc, alot of things to think about, feel like a president.

5. Kingdom Rush - Tower Defense - Kingdom Rush is one of the few Tower Defense that I would recommend to people because Kingdom Rush provides a unique style of gameplay. Although it only provides four basic towers, 1 is uniquely different. The Barracks, in a normal Tower Defense game, you would build towers in a fixed environment (enemies movie in a specific path) and an unfixed environment (where you can make your own paths using the towers) and they just attack the opponents as they pass along, basically Kingdom Rush has a fixed environment but with the Barracks, they create troops and blocks the paths while the other remaining towers attack them acting as support for the soldiers (with the right strategy and placement of course!). Long story short, Kingdom Rush may lack in basic towers but there is a ton of upgrades for your powerups and towers, and it also provides three different kind of gameplay, look for yourself, and have a blast.

Hmm, I'm sleepy again, I can't invest much time in the forums but I'll still give advice or help or suggestions to threads like this. Just check the games, enough said, hehe.

Also, I may be providing games, but I also need more games for this genres, I also need entertainment you know.
Deep Thinking Strategy - My most favorite type, please give me.
Adventure - Also good, I want a good story through playing not reading, hehe.
Rhythm/Music - Don't bother, Tap Tap 4 Revenge is my only favorite. :)

Sorry for long posts.

kevinbonardo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Dragonvale

Dragon park simulation game, very addictive and you will never get bored

OP
TheRambler

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
@ AllenSalar, I'm a huge fan of Civilization, I've played it since the very first one came on the market, no other game even compares to it, and I've tried many that said they were as good!!

On another note, one of the games I have really enjoyed playing recently is Supreme Wars, give it a search in the app store, a very enjoyable game, it's nothing like Civilization but then it never claimed to be

happy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
apple-zones.blogspot.com
As the title says, I want to know your favourite game and what makes it so great, a brief description would help, I hope this can be the place to come for advice on what's hot and what's not in the world of games.

Thanks for your input people.

Chris
I always play some games before on iPad,but recently I notice a post of apple zone that The Dark Knight Rises coming,so I would play that game,play super hero to enjoy himself, step into the batman Arsenal that personally selected, carefully choose, feel every weapon of outstanding place.

seanpercival01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the title says, I want to know your favourite game and what makes it so great, a brief description would help, I hope this can be the place to come for advice on what's hot and what's not in the world of games.

Thanks for your input people.

Chris

Number of apps installed in my iPad touch like temple run, cut the rope, subway surfer, itazer etc. But currently The dark knight rises is my favorite app.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where can get these games for jailbroken ipad?

You get them from the App Store, same as everyone else - whether you are jail broken or not. The process for purchasing (or getting freely offered) apps from the App Store does not change when you have a jail broken iPad.

Attempting to get paid apps from any other place is illegal (aka "piracy") and will not be tolerated here.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPadForums.net

Most reactions

Latest posts