What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the best way to clean a screen?

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the cloth that came with my LED tv. Just wipe. If the screen seems to have stuck particles, I dampen the corner of a clean dish towel to wipe the spots and dry immediately.

budmonster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using Monster TV cleaner with a microfiber cloth, I bought it when I purchased my plasma. Is this ok to use on my iPad Air? I've used it a few times now and forgot to even check if its ok to use? I went on the Monster website and they have several cleaners, one for iPods, TVs and now a special one for iPads. Can I continue using what I have or do I need to purchase a different one? They all seem to do the same just have different labels...

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see no need to use anything other than a microfiber cloth to clean the screen. There is a coating on it that can be ruined if you put the wrong chemicals on it. No need to take this risk with an expensive device. At worse, just use a damp (ever so slightly damp) if you get some gunk on it (I just scratch it off with my finger and then use microfiber).

budmonster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see no need to use anything other than a microfiber cloth to clean the screen. There is a coating on it that can be ruined if you put the wrong chemicals on it. No need to take this risk with an expensive device. At worse, just use a damp (ever so slightly damp) if you get some gunk on it (I just scratch it off with my finger and then use microfiber).

That's why im asking if the stuff I used was harmful or not?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Who can say without knowing what the stuff is and what can harm a screen with special coating. When you cannot know this stuff, the best approach is caution. Since you don't need it to clean the screen the smart money is to not use it.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Budmonster--Please note that your previous post was edited to remove the external links. While links can add support to a discussion, it is not needed. In this case, this goes for the same-your question is understandable without it. Your last post in this thread has now been deleted.

Most reactions

Latest posts