What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats the best free ipad/iphone game?

lilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ragdoll Blaster 2 ($2.99) is a lot of fun. There's only an iPhone version right now, but it still looks good on the iPad. There's a free lite version if you want to check it out.

Alive 4 Ever Returns is another iPhone only game that still looks pretty good on the iPad. No free trial available, but definitely worth $1.99.

And you can't miss the time waster Paper Toss. The free version has ads, but who cares it's free. Whenever someone in my family picks up my iPad they play that game.

-Update-
Angry Birds ($.99) is awesome. I think its one of the top iPhone games. Don't waste money paying extra for the HD version ($4.99), the iPhone version plays great on the iPad in 2x and has all the same features.

Last edited:

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
And you can't miss the time waster Paper Toss. The free version has ads, but who cares it's free. Whenever someone in my family picks up my iPad they play that game.

There are two of those on the Android, and I play them a lot too (go figure)... so I'll definitely be downloading it on the iPad.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm such a sucker for DLing games. Last nite it was befuddled hd. .99 cents and it's like bookworm where you create words for points and have to deal with blank tiles and other obsticles. Simple yet addictive. Space Station HD (few dollars, can't remember the cost) is warcraft type RTS where you just play defense. Well done. I've messed around with Castlecraft and Pocket Legends though neither have caught my attention to too long. Spent alot of time on Medieval, an iphone game that looks fine on the ipad and one of the better tower defense games around. Plants vs. Zombies is the very best IMO....I think this is somewhat expensive but well worth it. If there was ever a game suited for the ipad this is it.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've spent more time on Elevens Gems than any other game, but I was hooked on the Elevens games on the iPhone too, even though they aren't ones you hear much about.

Ziza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I just would like to discuss a newly released game for kids - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kinder Hangman iPhone App[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Actually, I don't like playing computer and iPhone games, but after playing it several times with children my attitude towards online games was completely changed. Hope that your children will enjoy playing this wonderful game.
[/FONT]

Emepegel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For free games that aren't lite/demo (but some are free with paid DLC or requires an openfeint connexion or something, but I haven't include new free games based on ipub and requiring ios4):

• Trundle HD (DLC)
  • Topple 2 Plus+
  • Godville (Funny Unix Fortune clone morphed in a fake MMORPG)
  • Isaac Newton's Gravity HD (DLC)
  • Harbor Master HD (works with DLC but not sure that base app will continue be free for long)
  • Creepy Caverns
  • Navy Patrol Coastal Defense Advanced (DLC)
  • Glyder 2 (HD)
  • Skies of Glory (DLC)
  • Nethack HD
  • Trace
  • Volkwagen Polo Challenge
  • Alpine Crawler HD
  • Stunt Car Racine Crawler Free (in fact a full game).
  • rRootage Online (not a MMO)
  • Tyrian Lite (in fact full game, at least currently and since some weeks)
Good games, but I would not keep many for a list including my own top paid games, perhaps only the first 3 or perhaps the first 5.

Emepegel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hooked on Chop Chop Tennis right now. Love it!
Yes but it is free? I also like it a lot despite it could lack a bit of depth once you roughly master it.

Chop Chop Soccer is also quite fun, but again not free stuff.

Amtanken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the first two apps i downloaded were Bejeweled Blitz and Farmville. Totally hooked on farmville..... It's free but I would pay tomorrow if it went to paying game!

Most reactions

Latest posts