What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the best case with a built-in stand?

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jus wondering if any of you guys had any recommendations on a case that has a stand built-in. I currently have my iPad covered with a full body Ghost Armor shield and a Incipio Silicrylic case covering it for extra protection. I purchased one of those Plate holder stands off amazon to prop it up while I surf the net at school.
But I was thinking about getting a case that not only has the built-in stand, but one that would also fit with the full body shield on my ipad. From my experiences hard cases wont fit with a shield, and ive only had luck putting silicone cases. But if anyone has a full body shield and a case w/ a built-in stand, please share.
Thanks.

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say "full body shield" do you mean Ghost Armor/Invisible Shield? If so, I have my device Ghost Armored and it fits just fine into my Sena leather folio, which has a very good kickstand. A warning, however: the stitching in the leather of the folio on the inside part, which holds the device firmly in place, has produced little depressions in the Ghost Armor in a couple spots. You can't see it when it's in the case, of course, but it's moderately unsightly when taken out of the case, when the light hits it just right. I'm pretty satisfied with the setup, all in all. There's a pocket on the interior of the case that also leaves an impression running width-wise across the screen, but after it's been open for a while, it goes away. To prevent this from happening, I now travel with my microfiber cloth sandwiched between the screen and the case cover. It works perfectly.

Sena Folio for iPad - Apple Store (U.S.)

OP
lrg32

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say "full body shield" do you mean Ghost Armor/Invisible Shield? If so, I have my device Ghost Armored and it fits just fine into my Sena leather folio, which has a very good kickstand. A warning, however: the stitching in the leather of the folio on the inside part, which holds the device firmly in place, has produced little depressions in the Ghost Armor in a couple spots. You can't see it when it's in the case, of course, but it's moderately unsightly when taken out of the case, when the light hits it just right. I'm pretty satisfied with the setup, all in all. There's a pocket on the interior of the case that also leaves an impression running width-wise across the screen, but after it's been open for a while, it goes away. To prevent this from happening, I now travel with my microfiber cloth sandwiched between the screen and the case cover. It works perfectly.

Sena Folio for iPad - Apple Store (U.S.)

Yeah I have the ghost armor skin covering the screen, back, and sides of my ipad.

The Sena case looks good, but just not sure if I can justify $80 on another case. Don't get me wrong, im all for spending money on accessories to protect my investment, but ive spent well over $100 on cases and accessories for the ipad already and another $80 might be overboard for me, being that im a poor college student :(

Also ive owned different leather cases for my iphone and for some reason I prefer a hard plastic or silicone case over a leather one.

Thanks for the recommendation though, I might go to the apple store later this week just to check it out anyways.....

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got the full body Ghost Armor as well. I had to go back and have it reapplied twice after the initial installations due to one defect or another. This third application is still not perfect, but I'm sick of hanging out at the mall for an hour or more while these dudes squeegee my iPad up and down, and it's better than it was before, so fugget.

You are right, $80 is quite a lot to spend, and it did hurt just a little bit pulling out the plastic for it. But I researched pretty heavily all of the ones I found for decent prices on Amazon and such - for me, it had to be a folio of some sort - and the Sena was the ultimate winner. Although expensive, I'm pretty glad I bought it because it's very sleek looking and it's good, tough leather. And indeed, they're in a slipcase type box at the store, so you can pull it out at the store and inspect it before you buy. It's worth the investment, considering some of the horrible reviews I've seen of many of the cheaper leather cases. I wanted to be sure I had something that didn't necessarily look like I was hiding an iPad in it. And unless you look at the exposed corners and port openings, you couldn't tell what's in it while it's shut.

Also something to look for in some of the more affordable leather cases: how it's secured. With many of them, the devices are only held in by leather/elastic bands at the corners, leaving the edges almost entirely exposed, and they just don't look very secure to me. While the Sena grips it well from all sides, and on the side in which the iPad is inserted, there's a strap that secures the device in and actually snaps in place, making it perfectly secure. Expensive, yes...but worth it. I wouldn't care for a leather case for my phone, but the iPad's a new creature entirely. Leather suits it.

The Sena has a kickstand, but it's only one position, and that's for viewing, not typing.

I do understand the plight of the poor college student. But I also remember how easy it was to get money from my parents when I was in college. Man, those were the days!

EpiciPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marware Eco Vue is a great case. It comes highly recommended and has a built in stand. It's a leather folio case that opens and closes like a book. It looks nice and has a very soft interior. You should check it out. :)

idigfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the adjustable ipad stand. very easy to find on amazon.com

idigfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If someone can show me where I can find ipad case with external battery charger, that will be very much appreciated.

Yaiba83646

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm an engineering student and we're designing a new case/ stand which may just show up in market in a few months! thanks for the input guys and please, any additional wants in an ipad stand would be very helpful! :)

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm an engineering student and we're designing a new case/ stand which may just show up in market in a few months! thanks for the input guys and please, any additional wants in an ipad stand would be very helpful! :)

I would like one with a stand for both vertical and horizontal orientations.

Most reactions

Latest posts