What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's so great about this 5.0.1 jailbreak?

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very happy to have my iPad 2 jailbroken again, but now I see that my iPad isn't so much differenct from when it was jailbroken on 4.3.3.
Yes, ok, notification center is there and some other awesome new iOS5 features.
Tell me, what makes this 5.0.1 jailbreak so special to you?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not much difference, as you said, I don't use any of the iOS 5 new features really ever.
I guess the best thing is so people without saved blobs and new iPad owners can jailbreak.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really thought the same thing (still do), until I discovered (as I have mentioned in another thread) that the Mouse App is MUCH more reliable on 5.0.1 It makes a world of difference for me.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well. we all know that there are so much improvement from IOS 4 to IOS 5 on the un-JB devices ...

but as far as Jailbreaking is concern, i can understand if the jailbreaking tweaks, apps or themes functionalities have not much different from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 as we all rely much on so many developers that given their support to JB community.

but then again what choice do we have .. ?? .. if we dont upgrade to 5.0.1 then we stuck at 4.3.3 .... and if apple close the 5.0.1 we are stranded in an "4.3.3 uncharted territory" wit the only option is to follow apple and lose yor JB ,,

i kinda love my JB ... To be able to follow to the latest firmware and able to jailbreak is a real treat .. so worth all the wait ... A bow with hats off to all the team who spent time their effort and finally manage to give us the 5.0.1 jailbreak ... and it works on both my 3G ipad 2 and my 4s ..

that is my 2 cents opinion i suppose ...

ipadsi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no real difference but having my iPad 2 with the latest ios and jailbroken is so worthwhile. Personally, if I didn't have my iPad jailbroken I would of sold it and considered an Android tablet.

andrewak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
So I've waited all that time for... nothing? :p

The main reason for me is to have both JB and all AppStore apps up-to-date versions - last versions of Pages, Numbers and much more are not IOS 4 compatible. Isn't it enough?

Most reactions