What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's a simple notepad app with handwriting recognition??

bimmer88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't need something too complicated.. just something to replace using a letter sized notebook... I'm a Realtor and sometime's I'll need to jot down a few things clients are looking for... maybe about 4-5 lines of stuff with a stylus then save that as one note in text format... what would be a good app for this?

chicardo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.chicardo.com
I've used Apple Newton many year back and I think it has the best handwriting recognition. To date I still have not found a suitable Notepad that works anyway near the Apple Newton.

Hopefully Apple might build an app with that technology soon.

Last edited:

gaxor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using Phatpad at the moment. So far so good, but nothing anywhere near as good as Microsofts Onenote is available for Mac/iOS devices

Gary

bdegrande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Underscore Notify has the handwriting recognition engine from WritePad available as a $3 in app purchase, so it is actually cheaper than buying WritePad.

Sridhar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are right. Notes Plus does not do handwriting recognition. WritePad or PhatPad it is.

Chipmunk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Underscore Notify has the handwriting recognition engine from WritePad available as a $3 in app purchase, so it is actually cheaper than buying WritePad.

Thanks for the cost-saving tip, bdgrande! FYI iPad autocorrects your name to beefcake, ha ha. I'll be getting the app in the way you recommend.

CHSeifert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Underscore Notify is my fav program for that and works on both iPad and iPhone :)

----
Vh/Regards
Claus [iPhone•TapaTalk]

flips

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CHSeifert said:
Underscore Notify is my fav program for that and works on both iPad and iPhone :)

Underscore Notify looks really good, but reading through the feature list, it seems that it does not have shape reognition (arrows, geometric figures etc.) that is found in Notes+ and PhatPad.
Not sure how important that is, though.(?)

NotesPlus looks really full featured (when OCR will be available later as in-app purchase), but maybe a little complicated, too? (It is also still a little limited in cloud sync option?)

PhatPad looks really nice, but lacks that wrist protection thing (being able to rest your wrist on the display while writing)?

Also, NoteShelf looks good, but lacks OCR/handwriting recognition, I think.(?)

Most reactions

Latest posts