What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's a Good App for "Drawing" Notes

IpadinAustin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

New to the forum here. Thanks for having me.

I have a quick question. I picked up a stylus for my iPad yesterday and have been enjoying using it.

However, I was curious if there are any apps you'd recommend I could use to "draw" or "write" with my stlyus to take notes? Kinda like the Newton used to do.

I do have Adobe Ideas which is pretty close, but wanted to see if anyone else could recommend another good app for this purpose. I'd like to be able to take notes and have it converted to text if possible.

Thanks,

Dave:D

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think are any apps that convert handwriting to text yet. However, there are plenty that will email or convert your handwritten pages to PDF.

smartNote is good (the current version actually has a handwriting-to-text conversion beta in the app now)
iDraft

and of course you can write notes in any of the drawing apps.

RedsFan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Penultimate. Seems to be a popular one. I like it. Does not convert to text though.

KILLERkpd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not found one that is good for hand writing yet....too bad because I bought a pogo stylus hoping I could do that type of stuff.

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Notepad Pro. You can write handwritten notes or draw pictures, but you can also type text on the same page. You can mix text and drawings in any way you like. You can change your pen color and thickness. You can also add audio to your file and send it as a PDF via email.

I think it costs a dollar or two. It's not great, but it's decent.

Dar

Last edited:

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several, SmartNotes is a good one. I dont think you will be happy in the end. The iPads are no where close to being stylus happy. JMO

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Been using Note Taker HD for long scribbled notes. Not perfect but Best I've found so far.
Penultimate is good for short stuff.

slolane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great post, just got my Pogo as well and need to get this setup soon. Once I try a couple I will report back, thanks for all the advice thus far!

lsrivers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notes Plus is a great app. You can draw and type with ease. It even let's you insert pages after the fact. And it has a zoom function that lets you draw small things with ease!

Ldcaudle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just loaded smart notes free but can't figure how to put pictures on the note page

Most reactions

Latest posts