What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May sell my iPad

davey123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may possibly sell my iPad. I have a third generation iPad (4G, 64gb). I also have a Smart Cover, iPad keyboard, and power cord that comes with it. Right now I am torn on whether to sell it. However, I do not feel that I am able to get the full productivity that I need from my iPad. Thus, I mainly use it to check email and the Internet. If I were to sell it, can someone tell me the best way of going about it?

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why did you buy the iPad? Since buying mine just over a year ago, i have found many uses for it, to the point where I had to get my wife her own. I have found that exploring and reading about what other are using it for helps a lot.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
D

davey123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I bought my iPad because I was hoping that it would alleviate the need for me to always carry around my laptop. I have had my iPad since April of last year. And, I still find myself having to carry both my laptop and iPad around. I find that there are just too many things that I need to do that require my laptop. For example, I need to use the edit features in Word because I edit documents all the time. I have not found any better word processing option to Microsoft Word. (I have tried all the other options and none are satisfactory). Thus, I have found that I always need my laptop available to be productive.

My iPad is great. I realize that there are many things that I can do with it. Yet, I am also torn because the main purpose for purchasing it was to lessen my dependence on my laptop. For email and Internet purposes, the iPad has satisfied that need. Yet, my phone also satisfies this need. For productivity purposes, I continue to use my laptop. Actually, I am a very "productivity-type of guy." In the last 3 months I have only used my iPad for email and Internet-related things. So, I have been pondering over selling my iPad, just because I think that someone else will get better use out of it than I do.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would look at it this way; having bought it, and if I did not need to liquidate my assets, I would keep it and use it whenever it was useful. In the past hour I have used my iPhone, iPad and MBP for the same thing, namely posting here. Each time, I used the device that was the most convenient.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

Most reactions

Latest posts