What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What has the iPad Pro replaced for you?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
For those of you who purchased the iPad Pro, what (if anything) has it replaced in your daily use routine? Are you finding yourself picking up the iPad Pro vs maybe your laptop or another tablet?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
the Pro has replaced my ipad2.

i work from home using stupidly fast pc's, so general computing and the job of a laptop is all taken care of.
But, i do use ipad for general admin in my business life - comms, billing/letters, portfolio presentations etc etc, all of which the Pro now does ultimately better. I cant wait to start using the Pencil (when it arrives) for note taking and sketching.

so yes, the Pro is probably my laptop equivalent.

niroc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought the Pro 128 gb through Costco ($900). It will replace my Surface 2 RT.

I have done an exhaustive research on the background of tablets. Larger screen size is something I really wanted (besides other tangible options). Unfortunately, most tablets don't go beyond the 10 inch in length. It is a untapped market that Apple exploited. If the Pro becomes popular I expect to see larger sized tablets come to market by the end of 2016.

If I feel the IPad Pro does not justify its huge cost, I will return it. Costco's return policy is very liberal and is the reason why I went with them. Now, I just have to wait a week for shipment.

Last edited:

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not replacement per say. In the recording studio has become a mobile control surface. While I still have an MCU Pro and an Extender Pro at the mixing desk I use the iPad Pro for transport control from the drum room. Also has become a mobile design unit for my main business. Just finished a spread sheet in Numbers that will allow me to give customers on the spot quotes. Handy handy handy!

allanrube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.nebirds.com
replaced an android tablet - a 12.2 inch Samsung one. I had wanted an iPad but I like large screens so never got around to getting an iPad before.

Ex_Brit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It replaces my iPad 2 and my ageing Netbook which was really so slow as to be practically useless but fortunately only used when I am away from my PC.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It hasn't really replaced anything for me, I use my iPad 3 less, but I still use it. I also still use my MacBook Pro, just depends on what I am doing. Due to the size, I don't carry it around. It is so thin, it just feel fragile to me. I only use it at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts