What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should iPad should i go for?

What iPad?

• WiFi

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • WiFi + 3G

Votes: 49 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I chose wifi only to avoid data fees. If you don't have good wifi though... you may be frustrated.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have gone for 3g, but the data plans suck - especially now that the UK providers have axed unlimited data plans.

It now works out cheaper to buy a "3" Mifi (from what I can gather anyway).

travroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my 3G every other day, if not more. You'll be amazed at how worthless the iPad feels without an Internet connection.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It depends on how connected you want to be and how prevalent free wifi spots are.

In the US starting July 1, there will be free wifi at all Starbucks (no Starbucks card required and no daily time limit).

I have wifi only, but I also have an iPhone, so if I need internet and there's no wifi around, I just use my iPhone.

GadgetGeek71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like others, I chose a wifi only ipad because I have an iPhone. I think it would be great to have the option, but I'm maxed out as it is with my AT&T and T-Mobile (Android) plans. I couldn't imagine having another add-on.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Since you seem incapable of making decisions I suggest a Gateway netbook. I have one and it is great, you should get one too.

iWags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the WIFI only, then decided I couldn't leave home without it!
Upgraded to the WIFI + 3G!

:)

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have an iPhone, you might be OK with wifi

For myself, having an iPhone that gives me internet/etc via 3G, it did not make sense to pay the extra $$$ (up front + recurring data plan charges) to get 3G on the iPad.

I basically use my iPhone as (1) a mobile phone and (2) a mini/pocket iPad. My internet use on the iPhone, for the most part, involves navigational help/Google Maps, quick Twitter/FB/FourSquare updates, short emails, and quick "who wrote that song" type of Wikipedia searches.

Longer internet sessions (reading the news, checking RSS feeds, catching up on Twitter/FB) are things I do at home, where I have wifi. I do travel on business, but now that many/most decent hotels have wifi, I can usually jump on wifi even while travelling just as I do at home—in the evenings, at the end of the day.

If you don't have an internet-capable mobile phone, then maybe the iPad 3G makes more sense.

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wifi.....Unless you live in a highly populated area/ big city than AT&T's coverage will not be good. If it was Verizon then that would be another story.

ravynshadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the wifi only one, AT&T doesn't have good coverage here so there was no point in paying the extra money for something I can't use.

Most reactions

Latest posts