What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What model will I get with battery exchange these days?

hound46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm brand new here. I just requested a battery/ipad exchange. I have a 64 gig ipad2 that isn't holding a charge anymore. Does anyone know what model they will probably return to me?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When your ipad is exchanged, you receive the same model that you turned in, in your case a 64GB iPad 2. If Just your iPad battery is replaced, you'll receive your own iPad back after the battery replacement.

OP
H

hound46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you scifan57. Is there anything regarding performance or future functionality in the newer models that should make me want to consider paying full price for a brand new one vs. refurbishing mine or a refurbished model for $100? The 2 has met my needs, but maybe I don't know what I'm missing.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 8 is likely the last iOS update for the iPad 2. The newer iPads have more RAM, more available storage options, faster processors, new device warranty, etc..

OP
H

hound46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what my son thought, too.
No chance at all of them sending an ipad3?

If not, would you recommend getting the battery fixed and selling it to fund a newer model or riding the wheels off my ipad2 and buying outright when it is no longer supported or functional. Knowing the timeline of when it won't be able to run new apps would help make that decision.

Most reactions

Latest posts