What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of speeds with LTE?

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What kind of speeds are you guys getting with LTE?
I just subscribed this morning to test it out a little and see how good it works. This was my initial test. Not bad I guess but not great either.
fd6905a1.jpg

Vertigo1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We don't have proper 4G yet here in little ol' England but I heard some of the reviewers in the US were getting around 40MB/s downstream!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's about right. It varies all over the map. I've seen as much as 30 Mbps up...but I like to quote 20/20, though I've seen less than that too.

IMG_0683.png

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
XDRoX said:
What kind of speeds are you guys getting with LTE?
I just subscribed this morning to test it out a little and see how good it works. This was my initial test. Not bad I guess but not great either.

Actually that is great lol......

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
21/16 which is much faster than my DSL service.

The problem is not connection speed. For example right now my speed is great, but trying to get web sites to load is forever. I suspect that the problem is tax time and nearing the end of the school year. In three weeks it's graduation. Finals will start in two weeks, so projects are due soon.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those speeds have got to be Verizon. I have AT&T in south Florida and the most I get is 8 Mbps.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
johnml said:
Those speeds have got to be Verizon. I have AT&T in south Florida and the most I get is 8 Mbps.

AT&T isn't running LTE

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did not know that. My speeds have picked up with the new iPad. I see commercials on tv from AT&T about 4G/LTE.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
johnml said:
Did not know that. My speeds have picked up with the new iPad. I see commercials on tv from AT&T about 4G/LTE.

Lol AT&T doesn't have true LTE yet....they are running HSPA+ lol which is 3G on steroids.

geobernd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AT&T certainly has true LTE - not everywhere but growing... NYC and close by areas (e.g. Jersey City) are covered well and I have never seen less than 15Mbit/s down and 10Mbit/s up...

texasez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
20 and 10 on a visit to Powder Springs GA, north of Atlanta.
Verizon LTE

L

Lunar

We don't have proper 4G yet here in little ol' England but I heard some of the reviewers in the US were getting around 40MB/s downstream!

Proper 4G..? We don't have ANY 4G..lol I suspect 50% of the population are not getting those sort of speeds on wired and even a few cable networks nevermind 3 & 4G.

I doubt our 4G when it does get rolled out in a couple of years, will likely ever achieve those sort of speeds, though my own 3G network service are rolling out their 3.5G around September which will work on current 3G devices as they are using current standard frequencies obviously.
I'm afraid users hoping to see a workable 4G on iPads will have to wait for future model iPads to implement multi-band for it to work here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts