What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Kind of Display Screen Would you like to see in the iPad-3 ?

What Kind of Display Screen Would you like to see in the iPad-3 ?

• Total voters

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was curious to know how many of you guys here are pretty happy with the current screen of the iPad-2 ? and how many of you would like to see a new technology screen in the iPad-3 I am not talking about only Higher Pixel but screen picture quality in general. So do you think iPad-3 should come with the current IPS LED Backlit Display or the Much Talked about IGZO display.

IPS LED BACKLIT DISPLAY

IGZO

luvbugipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
I was curious to know how many of you guys here are pretty happy with the current screen of the iPad-2 ? and how many of you would like to see a new technology screen in the iPad-3 I am not talking about only Higher Pixel but screen picture quality in general. So do you think iPad-3 should come with the current IPS LED Backlit Display or the Much Talked about IGZO display.

IPS LED BACKLIT DISPLAY

IGZO

I love my ipad2 but I am thinking of trading it in for the ipad3 since I have only had this for a couple months depends on the cost and if it's worth it.

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
how about the oled screen this screen uses much less power then other screens

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
how about the oled screen this screen uses much less power then other screens

I am not talking about wishful thinking here, I am talking about a Practical Possibility !! OLED is out of question !! as it is mostly a technology that Samsung innovated and so is kind of it's Copyright Technology. And Samsung and Apple are not at good terms with both of them fighting over a Lawsuit !

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
augustya said:
I am not talking about wishful thinking here, I am talking about a Practical Possibility !! OLED is out of question !! as it is mostly a technology that Samsung innovated and so is kind of it's Copyright Technology. And Samsung and Apple are not at good terms with both of them fighting over a Lawsuit !

Don't let the stories in the press mislead you. They are indeed involved in many lawsuits and public slanging matches however, they are still businesses and will trade with each other if it is a good business move for them. Most companies do this but the press only sensationalise the bad bits. If OLED is the way to go and the only way is to pay Samsung then Apple will do it and Samsung will take the money as it would be a licensing agreement on a massive scale.

The Archangel

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Samsung is currently one of the major suppliers of parts for iOS devices. That is not going to change any time soon.

This relationship, though challenged by all the legal battles, is not going to change any time soon.

Big business high tech IP lawsuits are part of doing business. Samsung and Apple both will leverage these in their next contract negotiation. They are locked into existing contracts thru 2012, and will certainly continue thru 2014.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had specifically only mentioned these two displays IGZO & DUAL LED BACKLIT as there is some talk, some rumour about Apple likely going to use either of these two displays. But OLED displays is not even there in the discussion hence also looks unlikely that Apple would use it.

My Gut feeling is, it is likely going to be between these two displays only IGZO or the Dual LED that Apple is gonna use in the iPad-3 :)

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
More Sad news coming (Atleast for me) I am deeply saddened to read all this. IGZO may still be there to be used in the iPad-3. Sharp IGZO display possible for iPad 3, says analyst | Nanotech - The Circuits Blog - CNET News I wonder if any of the iPad enthusiast here or in the Internet world has a comparison between the IPS LED Backlit Display and IGZO displays, on which gives a more better picture quality and colour reproduction?

This is, will be my first ever iPad, and unfortunately it had to be the one where they ended up doing experiements that too with the most crucial part of a entertainment gadget "The Display " :mad:

Last edited:

JimCarlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this wasn't exactly what the poster meant by asking about "kind of screen" think a slightly smaller screen size would be nice, something larger than the Kindle Fire but smaller than the current iPad.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know this wasn't exactly what the poster meant by asking about "kind of screen" think a slightly smaller screen size would be nice, something larger than the Kindle Fire but smaller than the current iPad.

Yes, I started this thread and when I say "kind of screen" I mean the technology of the display used in the screen. Not the Size.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is getting no where. First, Apple will not adopt IGZO unless they are positive it will be better resolution and will last as long as LCD. It will also have to be cheaper than the LCD screen, even with licensing. We should stay with debating the original two options. My opinion is that there is a good chance that we will see Apple bring out a IGZO screen, but it will probably be on the iPhone and/or iPod Touch because they would benefit most by the energy savings. It would also make it easier to judge it in small scale before going to a larger scale.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is getting no where. First, Apple will not adopt IGZO unless they are positive it will be better resolution and will last as long as LCD. It will also have to be cheaper than the LCD screen, even with licensing. We should stay with debating the original two options. My opinion is that there is a good chance that we will see Apple bring out a IGZO screen, but it will probably be on the iPhone and/or iPod Touch because they would benefit most by the energy savings. It would also make it easier to judge it in small scale before going to a larger scale.

It has been a discussion at large everywhere on the Internet that the IGZO displays could still be possible on the iPad-3. This was reported as recent as this last Monday !! When you say "We should stay debating with the original two options" which options do you mean ? These were the two options right ? IGZO and IPS DUal LED Backlit Display ?

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we should believe in Apple`s choice. First of all, every part that will be in iPad 3 is tested by Apple not for few days, not for month, but for few months.
Apple is successful because of products that are tested under very strict requirements. So guys, there is nothing to worry about. I am sure that new screen will be truly amazing.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think we should believe in Apple`s choice. First of all, every part that will be in iPad 3 is tested by Apple not for few days, not for month, but for few months.
Apple is successful because of products that are tested under very strict requirements. So guys, there is nothing to worry about. I am sure that new screen will be truly amazing.

I don't exactly remember where did I read this, oh yes it was very much here I think it was Col.Bris the administrator on this forum who said that he has been using Apple products ever since from 1968 (I was not even born then) and never has it been that Apple's next iteration of a product has been bad than the earlier one. So in that sense yes, one can rely on the fact that with Apple products quality is never compromised it is value for money always though they are a little steeply priced :) so even with the iPad-3 quality has to be out of the world.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I referred to is that instead of debating the LCD vs IGZO displays, it was getting into debate about screen size and other issues. I should have swithced my second and third sentences.

Most reactions

Latest posts