What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of adapter do I need for earbuds?

LaneLester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ComIng from a Linux and Android background, I'm having some trouble getting used to the Apple Way. My latest snag is the fact that my excellent Klipsch earbuds that worked so well with my Android tablet don't fit quite right with my new iPad 3. I can get them to work, but the connection is not good.

I looked at adapters at Amazon, but it wasn't obvious what I needed to get. Can you help me?

Lane

OP
LaneLester

LaneLester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's quite strange. Do they have a 3.5mm Jack?
I think so. They're the standard size used in just about everything.

When I push them into the iPad, they stop short of going past the spring that should hold them in. So they make contact, just not very good.

Lane

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Klipsch earbuds and they work fine in my iPad. They are standard 3.5mm and that is what the iPad takes. Can you test them on another iPad? Might be an issue with the jack on your iPad because they should work.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This sound strange. The iPad takes the standard 3.5 mm stereo plug. All of mine fit my iPad with no problems. If you put your ipad in a case, then sometimes the case will prevent some earbuds from fitting due to the plug housing.

OP
LaneLester

LaneLester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, guys, problem solved. Since you assured me the socket was 3.5, I gave it a good shove, and it went all the way in. I just wasn't shoving hard enough.

Lane

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just be careful when gettin' them out.. I accidentally pulled them out and the jack connector gpt stuck in the device( was an iphone). I managed to get it out but was a hassle.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, guys, problem solved. Since you assured me the socket was 3.5, I gave it a good shove, and it went all the way in. I just wasn't shoving hard enough.

Lane

I've done this a time or two myself.

Most reactions