What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your job???

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm also a teacher. I mostly teach college composition courses along with one literature course open to English majors every semester with a cap of about 20 students per course. I teach courses in physical classrooms as well as online and hybrid courses.

I had a heavier workload than usual this semester and taught roughly 100 students. That's not bad compared to other teachers, but it was a challenge for me.

After feeling buried alive during the weekly process of meeting 11-13 first draft homework return deadlines plus the weekly grading and return of assignment revisions as well as late assignments, I've finally graded the last assignment of my 5th course for the semester this week. Yay!!

For the last two weeks, I only have assignments from one course to grade.

I have to say that my iPad made a distinctive difference in my ability to manage my workload.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mollysmom said:
Special education teacher in a junior high setting. And yes, I am crazy

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I labor of love oxoxoxoxo

Sent from my Tricked Out, Sparkly Pink Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mobile Intensive Care Unit Paramedic. In ambulance and public safety services since 1979. Being a professional ambulanceman (other than also a firefighter in the early years) is all I've ever done. Have enjoyed it and I know I'm very good at it. Unfortunately, I've been forced into retirement due to a career-ending permanent work injury. :-( Time to teach this old dog some new tricks.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Asharp said:
I'm also a teacher. I mostly teach college composition courses along with one literature course open to English majors every semester with a cap of about 20 students per course. I teach courses in physical classrooms as well as online and hybrid courses.

I had a heavier workload than usual this semester and taught roughly 100 students. That's not bad compared to other teachers, but it was a challenge for me.

After feeling buried alive during the weekly process of meeting 11-13 first draft homework return deadlines plus the weekly grading and return of assignment revisions as well as late assignments, I've finally graded the last assignment of my 5th course for the semester this week. Yay!!

For the last two weeks, I only have assignments from one course to grade.

I have to say that my iPad made a distinctive difference in my ability to manage my workload.

I feel the same way at IEP time. All my 8th graders' annual reviews are coming up a week or so after I get back from Christmas break. Not only do we have the paper, we also have Easy IEP.....oxymoron..lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try teaching science to special needs students 11-16 year olds especially when it's not their choice subject! Yes, we are all mad, it pays to be madder than them. I love my job though!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Try teaching science to special needs students 11-16 year olds especially when it's not their choice subject! Yes, we are all mad, it pays to be madder than them. I love my job though!

Very nice, a labor of love indeed!!! They need you!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update using iPF

hinke00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am unemployed because im a student. But i want to work somethin'. Forklift driver or sailor or oil rig worker or

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, Eshon, how is that going? for years i really wanted to be ESL teacher in Japan or Korean, in my mind there are both very interesting places. kinda never happened though :-(, im jealous

Do they love their iPads over there ? ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts