What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favourite iPad app?

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tune in radio, flipboard, SCRABBLE is just about everyone else favorite app when they use it great game to play with friends! And sketchbook pro.

neens_wa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love Noteshelf, angry birds, plants vs zombies,Zinio, pandora, netflix, and myriad other specialized photography apps. I hate being saddled to iTunes, but it isnt the end of my world.

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably the two apps I've used the most on my iPad are MyWritingNook (great for syncing up notes with my desktop and my iPhone) and Friendly, which is an iPad Facebook reader (and MUCH better than the iPod-Touch-only version published by Facebook).

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would say Kindle and Zumocast are tied for me. This is a media consumption device and both apps are as close to perfect as I could hope for.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would say Kindle and Zumocast are tied for me. This is a media consumption device and both apps are as close to perfect as I could hope for.

Can't find Zumocast. ZumoDrive perhaps?

Here you go!

ZumoCast - Stream your media to iPhone, iPad, and any browser. It's your personal cloud.

Strange ... I tried to get a link for the Itunes App and it tells me it is not available in the US. I wonder why that is?

***Edit: it appears that the app has been pulled while they are updating. That's too bad because it is fantastic. Hopefully it will be back soon.

Last edited:

The Hooded Claw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tough contest between the Netflix app, and Civilization: Revolution (Sid Meier strategy game).

Obviously, I use my iPad primarily for entertainment...

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tough contest between the Netflix app, and Civilization: Revolution (Sid Meier strategy game).

Obviously, I use my iPad primarily for entertainment...

I've put a ton of hours into Civ Rev as well. I see that Ascendancy is out now for the iPad as well which is another good strategy game. It is going to be hard to resist that purchase.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here you go!

ZumoCast - Stream your media to iPhone, iPad, and any browser. It's your personal cloud.

Strange ... I tried to get a link for the Itunes App and it tells me it is not available in the US. I wonder why that is?

***Edit: it appears that the app has been pulled while they are updating. That's too bad because it is fantastic. Hopefully it will be back soon.

Ah, that's why I can't find it. ZumoDrive seems to be from the same company, with cloud hosting instead of home computer hosting.

Thanks.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how much is a netflix account and month, and is there any buffering or anything like that?

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how much is a netflix account and month, and is there any buffering or anything like that?

I believe the basic account is $8.99 a month. That gives you one DVD rental at a time (only limited by how fast you watch them) and unlimited streaming. It is a killer deal IMO.

There isn't much buffering with the Netflix streams, mainly because the iPad has a pitifully small amount of RAM, but with a good connection you get a pretty high quality stream most of the time. They have a trial period if you want to give it a shot and see how well it works. One warning though. If it works well for you chances are you will never get rid of it!

DDustiNN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Netflix price went up by $1 last month I believe. It's $9.99 now w/ DVD, and still $2 extra if you want blu-rays. They also introduced a streaming-only subscription, which I think was $7.99 if I recall correctly.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sure would like to use NetFlix, but I don't like them having open-ended access to my account. So I buy my movies from Apple instead...

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sure would like to use NetFlix, but I don't like them having open-ended access to my account. So I buy my movies from Apple instead...

They don't need bank account access - I use my Amex for this sort of thing, knowing that if I have any trouble they'll be all over the vendor like a cranky pitbull.

Most reactions

Latest posts