What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favourite iPad app?

Nasdq1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EarlyEdition / EarlyEdition II

I have enjoyed EE2 so much, that I have recommended it both to my 85 year old father

and to my non-technical friend Keith, who purchased it a few hours ago.

Its much better than Edition 1, much more newspaper like, actually better than a newspaper!
(I now no longer subscribe to a local or national newspaper)

I like that you can select how much graphic media can be downloaded from your RSS Feeds
(makes it like either a real newspaper OR magazine!)

I like that via an .OPML file I can share my feeds.

I am a New EE2 (EarlyEdition II) user from EE1

thebirdman7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
neens_wa said:
I love Noteshelf, angry birds, plants vs zombies,Zinio, pandora, netflix, and myriad other specialized photography apps. I hate being saddled to iTunes, but it isnt the end of my world.

Get ios5 and be less saddled to iTunes... I just did my first wireless update and it worked like a charm...

CatFromFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1.Scrabble (paid version is worth it) much better than Words with Friends knockoff
2. Grocery Gadget- great for families where multiple people shop with iphones or ipads-using the connection group- even allows photos of items to prevent buying a wrong item ( this is especially good at preventing husbands buying the wrong "similar" item)i can even tell what aisle he is in as i watch him real time check off items as he shops.
3. Flipboard- nice for magazine style browsing
4.Goskywatch- a personal planetarium- great for teaching kids about the heavens
5.Dropbox- great for sharing docs with multiple machines ( pc, mac,iphone, ipad)
6.Billspad- nice simple bill paying organizer ( very simplified)
7. Allrecipes-great app with reviews and pux of great recipes
8. Photobucket-

These are my favorite apps. I am an almost 60 active woman that works full time but loves my ipad and iphone because they make life easier and more fun!

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google earth is amazing! Works great on the iPad. I can travel from bed :)

Manteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorite apps had been work related and then I discovered the game Gardens of Time. It is very addictive and a lot of fun. I had never played any "social network" games before, so the aspect of getting friends as "neighbors" is new and interesting. At its heart it is a hidden picture game but the authors have added a lot of creativity. I highly recommend it!
Of course I still like getting my company email via Good and also VPNing into work via Citrix but having a fun game to relax with is definitely part of the iPad value!

tclim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jduncan said:
Google earth is amazing! Works great on the iPad. I can travel from bed :)

There is an app for this? Or only certain country can download? Been looking for this!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an app for this? Or only certain country can download? Been looking for this!

I got Google Earth from the U.S. app store a long time ago, so it's probably still there. We don't know where you are, or which country's app store you use. You can check your store.

pegpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know if my first post took - my first time here, what a great forum. One of my faves is the app "Aweditorium". A wonderful venue set in mosaic style, allowing the reader to explore a multitude of indie musicians in performance, with accompanying background on them.

CHSeifert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favs are:

Pages, numres & Keynote
DocsToGo Premium
Office 2 HD
Atomic & Icab Mobile
Photogene & Photoforge
Sonos Remote App
Bento
Ewallet