What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the ipad2 like for intensive web browsing?

youngun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know how the ipad2 fairs for some serious web browsing.

I am thinking of getting one, and if I do, most (if not all) of my browsing will be done on the ipad.

Also, I know that you have to open a new page everytime, is it a hassle? Are there browsers that can compensate for both lack of flash and tabs?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Breitling65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know how the ipad2 fairs for some serious web browsing.

I am thinking of getting one, and if I do, most (if not all) of my browsing will be done on the ipad.

Also, I know that you have to open a new page everytime, is it a hassle? Are there browsers that can compensate for both lack of flash and tabs?

Thanks guys!

Tabs - get AtomicWeb
Flash - get SkyFire

What is serious web browser to you?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do 95% of my browsing on the iPad. Wonderful. And my girlfriend has an iPad 2 (while I wait for delivery of mine) and it is even better.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For general surfing it's much better than sitting at a computer. You can browse the Internet as if you were reading a book. I love it.

For heavy research type browsing though, it can't compare to my 30-inch display which can have many, many windows open and in view at the same time.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And pinch zoom while browsing is nice. Being able to quickly zoom a small image is something you don't think about but end up doing. Like the picture of the sleeping cat that was posted here as proof of the utility of iPad camera. It was almost natural to zoom right up on the cats face. People don't talk about the zooming because they don't think about it.

gmaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 2 laptops, one net book and a desk PC...all I have been using is my iPad 2..I love it.. so will you..

jlcamp7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would suggest perfect web browser app, it really is pretty much "perfect" in my book, with true tab browsing and it feels a lot like a full web browser in my hands.

jake1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iSwifter is another option for flash. Not a good browser overall, but it does the job when it comes to flash.

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regarding the various Flash browsers - iSwifter and Skyfire - what happens when you get a link to a Flash video in an e-mail? Does it automatically get to the proper browser or does the Flash browser need to be the default or what?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Reaction score
I use Perfect Browser for tabs and Puffin for Flash, though I'm finding I'm using Puffin more than PB. I have swifter as well but it's buggy for me

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts