What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash player supported web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahmud57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't open some web pages in safari. Those could be open in Internet explorer. Those are flash player and active X supported web pages. How can I open them in Safari with Ipad2 ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can't. The iPad does not support Flash. I'm not sure about Active X, but probably not.

There are a few Flash capable browsers for the iPad. They don't work very well, since they are essentially remote sessions on a server, but they may be good enough for your purposes. The most common mentioned are iSwifter, Skyfire, and Puffin.

The other option is to use a remote desktop client to control a desktop computer. Splashtop is popular and cheap.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - as the poet points out - the iPad doesn't support Flash or ActiveX. Apple have widely publicised this and they have published a 'White Paper' on their website explaining their rationale. You'll find dozens of threads on this issue at iPad Forum, including reviews of the Splashtop RDP program too. As there's so much information available here, I'm closing this thread to avoid replication.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts