What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best or most significant smell you've smelled today?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, that looks a good one to try. Had to mull over what are scallions, which displays my ignorance in the cooking field;). We call them spring onions, or sometimes French shallots for a larger size. Interesting those variations in naming. Chicken broth we call chicken stock and shrimp are usually prawns. But the taste of the finished product will be the same.:)
Andrew

Hi Andrew - yes, amazing how the food terminology varies (and we scratch our heads wondering!) - but you've figure it out well, so not a problem - give it a try and add any additional spices that may enhance that recipe - we have TONS of spices & herbs on the table & nearby, so I always add some; AND, if you're adventuresome, then try to make a real roux scratch and then do a gumbo - like in New Orleans! :) Dave

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Every CHRISTMAS goody, pretty, wonderful thing that comes with this joyful season! YUM YUM YUMMY! Not just for the tummy but for the nose day after day after day! Soon to subside! However there is always the Christmas Cake that usually lasts all year! Unless it's in my house! Then it's lucky to make it to the onset of the new year![emoji39][emoji172][emoji172]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks you two, best of the best to come this year for everyone![emoji39][emoji172]

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A significant smell...let's see...I took my dog for a walk yesterday and he......
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423108801.337525.jpg

....also enjoyed an area of new-mown grass in the reserve park, a great summer smell at any time:)
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A significant smell...let's see...I took my dog for a walk yesterday and he......
View attachment 62802
....also enjoyed an area of new-mown grass in the reserve park, a great summer smell at any time:)
Andrew
Andrew,
How absolutely lovely to SEE Bundy, a heart breaker for sure! Called Chick magnets over here......AND even EXTRA special to know you are up & about, taking a walk in stride ( no pun intented ) as though it's an easy everyday joy!
I'm VERY happy for you borh.
HUGS, Diane.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
View attachment 62802
Andrew
ANDREW,
At last I get a chance to see the famous " Bundy ! It was worth the wait. he's so adorable, Over here we'd call him a " ChickMagnet ":D Also how lovely to hear your talk of going for a walk as a given joy one just chooses to do! You've come a long way and I'm as happy as can be to hear it!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ANDREW,
At last I get a chance to see the famous " Bundy ! It was worth the wait. he's so adorable, Over here we'd call him a " ChickMagnet ":D Also how lovely to hear your talk of going for a walk as a given joy one just chooses to do! You've come a long way and I'm as happy as can be to hear it!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Thanks Diane and I hope you are well too. I try to take him for a walk daily: good exercise for us both, except on some hot days with footpaths being too hot for his feet. On those days we pay "ropey", ( a weird throwing and tug-of-war game with excessive growling by us both)....with this rather grotty implement:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424752057.716693.jpg

Not sure if I wanted a dog who's a ChickMagnet! But wait... on reflection... :)
image.jpg

Bundy wanted to say hello to you too...but after all that activity... ;)
Keep smiling!
Andrew

Last edited:
OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
ANDREW, HI & GRRRR back to Bundy. I also thought about the chick magnet,,,the two of you both being one I imagine you must have a hard time fending them all off! :D:p. It is so very wonderful to be able to drop in every so often again. I knew I missed all of you, then when I read everyone's posts etc, I realized I really really REALLY REALLY MISSED ALL OF YOU!
HUGS to all IPF members and a special thanks to all the Moderators who keep this such a wonderful place to come to.
:):):cool::):cool::):D:):p:):rolleyes::)

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
YUMMY YUMMY! Enjoy it while you can. I take my wolly monster to the water in the resevoir just under the dam. As long as the fish are not running it is a lovely fresh woodsy smell. AH, and I am blessed with a dogwho is not interested in laying on his back and grinding itself into the fowlest smelling things they can find. My poor neighbour is not so lucky.
I have never taken my dogs to salons, although the one in this photo LOVED the whole prosuction. He would let me know if i missed any spots with the blow dryer! :D:p:cool:

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A freshly cut just picked baby cucumber! MMMMMhhhhhhMMMMM

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks scifan, I had a good chuckle about your hockey game! [emoji39][emoji170] Thanks, Johanna. [emoji170][emoji56] as always..

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts