What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best "Dumb" case alternative

Jachrist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just got back from best buy and picked up an AWESOME case.

I, like many Ipad 2 users, do not find the apple smart case attractive... especially for $69 for the black leather one.

I have spent all weekend looking for something similar to the apple case for the original ipad. Tonight, I settled on the Targus 360 folio leather case. For $59.99 from best buy and amazon.com, it is an amazing value.

for Mac Cases & Accessories | THZ045US | by Targus

It smells a little strong, but I am sure the leather will air out with a few days of use.

It is thin enough to carry and fit anywhere, but sturdy enough to protect the ipad 2. The ability to stand it up in a number of positions is very convenient.

Will try to post pics later tonight or tomorrow.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Knave found that the case ends ip being a personal thing. What ever you like or works for you is a good case. Within a month there will be tons of newer cases to review and drool over.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Knave found that the case ends ip being a personal thing. What ever you like or works for you is a good case. Within a month there will be tons of newer cases to review and drool over.

Well said. "Best" is a loaded word, because everyone's definition of what is "best" is different from person to person.

Also, it does not say anywhere on Targus's product page that the material is "leather" (let alone "genuine leather") - which suggests it could be synthetic leather (most likely vinyl). At this price, it is leaning towards the pricey side (for $20-30 more you could get a genuine leather product.)

Most reactions

Latest posts