What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best email app for personal email?

usg9652

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently using MS Outlook 2002 SP3 and have a lot of folders where I file my email. Is there a user friendly app that functions similarly to Outlook where you can create separate folders for storing emails?

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
usg9652 said:
I am currently using MS Outlook 2002 SP3 and have a lot of folders where I file my email. Is there a user friendly app that functions similarly to Outlook where you can create separate folders for storing emails?

I use Gmail, which allows you to create folders.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Comcast's support, and see if they offer IMAP or Exchange accounts, instead of POP3. Either of the first two account types allow the creation and use of folders across all devices and computers.

POP3 accounts only allow the downloading and deleting of emails from the server. Because of this only local folders can be created an maintained. That means if you do find a Mail app that will create local folded on the iPad, they will not be in sync with your computer. What ends up in each folder will depend entirely on what you do on each device/computer.

Unless you can chance account types. Both IMAP and Exchange create folders on the server, which allows them to be synced on all devices and computers.

Another possibility to is to create a Google account and use it to access your Comcast account. A Google account can both receive and send emails on through your Comcast account. I would not recommend this as a permanent solution, but it is a pretty good way to transition accounts, so that you don't miss anything. There are instructions somewhere in Google's help pages. If you have trouble finding it (supposing you want to do it) let me know. I've found them before. The only question is, why oh why did I not save the links?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use outlook.com. I can access it on my iPad, PC and smartphone. SkyDrive is integrated. On your iPad you can set it up with Microsoft Exchange. I had Hotmail before. All the mails were saved to outlook.

Last edited:

BMWrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
usg9652 said:

You can create folders in ibisMail.

Most reactions

Latest posts