What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the Antenna Beside the Camera?

Navhoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I opened up my iPad Pro to replace my smashed screen/LCD and accidentally scraped the antenna beside the camera (see pic). Does anyone know what this antenna is?

I’m thinking it’s the wifi/Bluetooth antenna, but when I check online shops, they don’t seem to match up with that particular antenna/cord.
e88c5c6d-aed9-4f8f-a5d8-1d2755c82816

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The ifixit.com site shows a tear down of the 9.7” iPad Pro, but does not make note of the antennas (though they are shown). Their parts supply doesn’t show one either. However, they do have a place to ask questions. If you don’t get an answer here, you could give them a try.

OP
N

Navhoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll ask on ifixit. I'm thinking it's the cellular antenna, which I don't need... However, if it's the bluetooth antenna, I definitely need that.

It's strange that the antenna is not in ifixit's parts supply. Thinking it might not be a vital piece of hardware?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll ask on ifixit. I'm thinking it's the cellular antenna, which I don't need... However, if it's the bluetooth antenna, I definitely need that.

It's strange that the antenna is not in ifixit's parts supply. Thinking it might not be a vital piece of hardware?

No idea. Might just be really hard to get outside of Apple’s supply chain. Or rarely requested.

Please let us know what happens.

Most reactions

Latest posts