What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 32 GB + 3G wireless module change

deeexit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am new to the forum and haven't quite seen this topic yet, but if its a duplicate I am sorry in advance :)

I have an iPad2 32 GB + 3G witchs screen got broken and needed to be fixed. As I love challenges, I took one. So the process went fine, I have of course ripped a few antennas of the boards, but nothing I couldn't find online to replace :) But, yes there is a but, mine wifi seemed to die on me in the process of changing its antenna. The pad just grays out the WIFI option inside settings and there is no way to get it in operational mode again. So, I've ordered a replacement wifi board and stuck it in. The WIFI option is now there again, but none of the networks show up. The circle just keeps spinning, finding nothing. If I try to manually join an SSID, the pad responds with an error message: "Could not scan for wireless networks". That's it...

So my question is, are the modules for wifi that risky to buy ? I have bought the replacement from a Chinnese shop (tvc-mall) and it is suppose to be for all iPad 2 versions out there. It is also a perfect fit, but it just doesn't seem to find any networks. This is with a new, replaced antenna.

I would be very gratefull for any tips on this matter or any suggestions for proper diagnostics on what is wrong with it. Are there any dump files, that indicate system logs ? I really don't want to buy a new one as I got attached to this one. More or less because I have been trying to fix it for a few months now :)

Best regards in hope of the answers!

Dee

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You may have damaged the wifi antenna or its connector. This would explain why you can't pick up any wifi signals.

OP
D

deeexit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah that would be an option, but the antennaseems to be in good shape. Are any other compatibility issues ? willtry with another antenna, but would like to avoid buying another module as they are not cheap :(

Most reactions

Latest posts