What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is best free office suite apps?

moon982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is best free office suite app you can recommend for the iPad?

I know lot of people are probably using Microsoft office suite like word,excel so on, or iWork like pages so on. But is there any free office suite for the iPad like OpenOffice or LIbreOffice? Unfortunately OpenOffice or LIbreOffice is only for windows PC and Linux not for iPad. May be in the future developers may make it for the iPad but today it is not the case.

I tried WPS office but it has adds unless you pay to remove adds.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What is best free office suite app you can recommend for the iPad?

I know lot of people are probably using Microsoft office suite like word,excel so on, or iWork like pages so on. But is there any free office suite for the iPad like OpenOffice or LIbreOffice? Unfortunately OpenOffice or LIbreOffice is only for windows PC and Linux not for iPad. May be in the future developers may make it for the iPad but today it is not the case.

I tried WPS office but it has adds unless you pay to remove adds.

Hi again Moon... - 'best' is a very subjective term in reference to 'office suites' for iOS, i.e. depends on many factors, including cost, past experience (esp. coming from the Windows world), needs, etc. Apple's iWork Suite (i.e. Pages, Numbers & Keynote) is their equivalent offerings to MS Office programs, but quite not as powerful (in my experience having worked w/ both - others may have a different opinion); plus, if you are use to the MS programs, adjusting to the iWork apps may be frustrating or not? BUT, Apple offers this suite for free (2nd pic) - if you check the iPad App store (enter 'office suites' as a search phrase), there are plenty of hits (see other pic) - hard for me to suggest a specific app(s) since I'm not sure what your needs may be and which world your coming from - ;) Dave
Office2.PNG
Office1.png

OP
M

moon982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a free app.

Problem is there are many apps but I'm not sure what is good free one with no adds.

WPS office is free app but has adds unless you pay to remove it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A few years ago I tried the same thing. Eventually I broke down and got an Office 365 subscription. I only needed Office for compatibility with a few organizations and friends I work with. While most of the other Office compatible apps are ok to import or export and office document, none of them stood up to the test of passing documents back and forth multiple times. It just was not worth the head ache and time I was spending to save the modest cost of the subscriptions.

I remember Documents-to-Go was one of the better options. I’ve also heard people recommend Polaris Office. I’m not familiar with most of the rest. Several familiar names are missing.

Things may be better now, but I can’t be bothered to check it out.

I remember Documents-to-Go was one of the better options. I’ve also heard people recommend Polaris Office. I don’t believe either of those are free, but they aren’t subscriptions. Honestly, I don’t expect you’ll find anything both free and ad free that will be worth a darn. Office apps take a lot of work to be good. The few good ones that used to be free were removed when most open source projects decided the Apple App Store was incompatible with their licensing philosophies.

P.S. When I’m not working with other Office users, I use either Pages (for simple layout style stuff), or Google docs when I need to collaborate on simple documents. Word and Excel are massive overkill for anything I do personally.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm looking for a free app.

Problem is there are many apps but I'm not sure what is good free one with no adds.

WPS office is free app but has adds unless you pay to remove it.

Hello again Moon... - you simply are repeating yourself w/ no useful information - suggestions have been made by me and TP - the Apple iWorks suite is free and w/o ads - is this not to your satisfaction or do you want to specifically use 'Windows equivalents'? Please state your needs more clearly. Dave :)

Most reactions