What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What ipad

maisie2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking to get an ipad but not sure which one to get and would like to get some help .
I wondered what people thought was the differance between the ipad2 and 3 p would be appriciated

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The biggest difference between the 2 and 3 is the retina display and 4g capabilities, with a minor bump in processing power. Depends on what your looking to do really, the 2 can handle everything the 3 does just doesn't look as good. I would say if your not all too serious about the retina display and can live w/o 4g as the 2 has 3G then I would go with the cheaper 2 to get into the iPad experience, the 1 I would avoid all together. Jmo, hope it helps you out.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here in the UK there's no 4G (to speak of) so we can take that out of the equation unless you intend to travel to the US frequently. I think that a lot of the extra horsepower in the new iPad is there to drive the screen - which is fabulous, but then the screen on the iPad 2 is still excellent; I'd urge you to visit a local Apple store to see them side by side.

The other consideration is capacity - iPad 2s are only available (new) in 16Gb, whereas the new iPad is available up to 64Gb. And finally there's the cameras; the iPad 2 basically had a webcam and a video camera whereas the new iPad has the camera module from the iPhone 4 - very good for stills and video.

So, if you don't expect to take many photos, and you think you can live with 16Gb, then iPad 2 is a pretty good deal. If you need to take a lot of pictures, or carry around a lot of movies or photos or music, or just if you all in love with the retina display, then the iPad 3 is your best bet.

HTH Peter

OP
M

maisie2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thankyou both for youe replys we do live in the uk but visit the us several times a year so not even sure where to get one from if I buy in the US I would save around £60 but not sure about warrenty.
Has anyone bought in the US to use in the Uk ? any problems,

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maisie2 said:
thankyou both for youe replys we do live in the uk but visit the us several times a year so not even sure where to get one from if I buy in the US I would save around £60 but not sure about warrenty.
Has anyone bought in the US to use in the Uk ? any problems,

The warranty is worldwide so you have no worries if you choose to buy from another country. You will, of course, need either an adaptor plug or a charger purchased from the UK.

The Archangel

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it were me, I could never be happy buying the older model of a device, knowing that the newest one had been released and was available to purchase.

Most reactions

Latest posts