What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What iPad apps do you want to see?

iJake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What sort of apps would you guys like to see on the iPad??

:ipad-keyboard:
I want to see a good callender app, but the built in one looks very good

Some good games, i want to make full use of the accelerometer

Communication could be really good because of the hardware, so hopefully some good instant messaging ones will be ported, anyone know of some good ones?

Anyone know what sort of games are going to drive the graphics? Apart from the demo of Need for Speed we saw at the keynote :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEVHYJZozjo"]YouTube - Apple iPad Gaming: Need For Speed Demo[/ame]

What are the best apps that could be ported to the ipad?
gallery-software-calendar-20100127.jpg

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be looking for the following Apps
  • A cook book app that allows import and export
  • A "To Do" app that syncs with my Mac
  • A notes app that allows me to make sketches

A feature I would like to see Apple add is streaming to an Airport Express. Right now I can stream audio from iTunes on any PC/Mac on my network to my stereo. I would love to be able to do the same from my iPad. I sent Steve Jobs an email about it. He should be getting back to me any time now :p.

OP
I

iJake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The App brushes seems pretty good for sketching, the best drawing app on the market i think, there are a few note apps, im sure one will fit your needs, hopefully an ipad version will be availible too

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The App brushes seems pretty good for sketching, the best drawing app on the market i think, there are a few note apps, im sure one will fit your needs, hopefully an ipad version will be availible too
I'd like a vectorial type drawing software.

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
I was discussing this in another section of this forum but a Remote Desktop Application would be great. Not VNC, though. Remote Desktop comes with many more advantages, including speed.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was discussing this in another section of this forum but a Remote Desktop Application would be great. Not VNC, though. Remote Desktop comes with many more advantages, including speed.

I don't understand where you are drawing a distinction between a remote desktop and a VNC application (VNC stands for Virtual Network Computer). They are just 2 ways of saying the same thing.

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
I don't understand where you are drawing a distinction between a remote desktop and a VNC application (VNC stands for Virtual Network Computer). They are just 2 ways of saying the same thing.

Here's a good explanation:

Remote Desktop Protocol [RDP] is semantic. The RDP is aware of controls, fonts, and other similar graphical primitives. This means that when rendering a screen across a network, this information is used to compress the data stream significantly. For instance, if you know that this region of the screen if occupied by a button, with the color grey, then you don't need to send an image of the button across the network, but merely information such as location of this button, size and color.

VNC is "dumb" in this respect, and largely functions by sending the actual images across the network.

RDP is tightly coupled to the Windows platform, where as VNC is available for most platforms. RDP is also seen as far more performant then VNC, due to the semantic advantage.

Source

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Here's a good explanation:

Remote Desktop Protocol [RDP] is semantic. The RDP is aware of controls, fonts, and other similar graphical primitives. This means that when rendering a screen across a network, this information is used to compress the data stream significantly. For instance, if you know that this region of the screen if occupied by a button, with the color grey, then you don't need to send an image of the button across the network, but merely information such as location of this button, size and color.

VNC is "dumb" in this respect, and largely functions by sending the actual images across the network.

RDP is tightly coupled to the Windows platform, where as VNC is available for most platforms. RDP is also seen as far more performant then VNC, due to the semantic advantage.

Source

I don't use windows so that wouldn't help me much.

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
I don't use windows so that wouldn't help me much.

Yes, of course it doesn't apply to most people in this forum since it's only for PC's but I was talking about in general about which app I would like to see. I agree with you that iChat and iLife would be great applications to see on the iPad.

OP
I

iJake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant wait for some gaming!, ive gone off all gaming the last few years, havent had the time

Last edited:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about NoteBook by Circus Ponies? Notebook is an outstanding piece of software offering note taking, outlining and minor project management. It needs to be ported over to the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts