What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Improvements expected on iPad 3?

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am thinking about whether to sell my iPad 2 32gb and buy iPad 3 (either 16gb or 32 gb)

But what sort of improvements can be expected?

Personally, I am looking for the following improvements on the existing model:

- better resolution of video (films and programmes, and YouTube)
- lighter by around 25% on the current model
- faster processing of apps and the web

I don't care about resolution of cameras as I don't use them.

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am thinking about whether to sell my iPad 2 32gb and buy iPad 3 (either 16gb or 32 gb)
I always vote for new stuff from Apple!

- better resolution of video (films and programmes, and YouTube)
- lighter by around 25% on the current model
- faster processing of apps and the web

- Viewing vids on iPad 3 (confirmed) Retina display will be blast for sure - in theory 10" with 2048x1536 already sounds crazy :)
- Not sure about lightness. Primary because of new display & bigger battery.
New iPad 3 will be even thicker because of new hardware (opposite to Apple philosophy to get thinner devices)
- Seems that we will get improved dual core! Apps & web will load fast as hell for sure. I believe in Apple`s choice for right processor

I will wait for little to see impressions from guys who get iPad 3 first here on forum & I will take a look on some reviews on YT.
If everything goes well, I am going after iPad 3 :)

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kinda looking forward for the ipad3 myself, hope all the hype won't create too much expectations. Was already allocating funds for the iPhone 5 when the 4s out. Does look promising this time around thought.

Uberchu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The three major improvements in no particular order are:

1. Retina Display
2. 4G LTE
3. Quad-core (Cortex-A9) A6 Processor

...although it would be really cool if it was actually quad-core Cortex-A15. It would certainly back up Tim Cook's statement of "mind-blowing Apple products this year."

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't forget the extra $$$ you will spend

"Post are better with pictures ".

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1080p video recording with hdmi output. Micro sd card slot. 128gigabyte capacity.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The biggest thing to come out with the iPad 3 will be...

Wait for it...

The anticipation and rumors for the iPad 4 now that you can bet on.

Biddy44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zipur said:
The biggest thing to come out with the iPad 3 will be...

Wait for it...

The anticipation and rumors for the iPad 4 now that you can bet on.

LOL. And the first few rumored iPad 4 features will consist of things that were rumored for the 3 (or 2s?) and didn't make it in. According to rumors from a year ago I should be staring at my iPad 2's retina display right now. :-(

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These ip3 upgrades are IMO not " mind blowing " atall.
Retina is already in service.
I can see a better dual core processor over a quad core but for gamers the screen upgrade plus a quad core would be very cool to use. Other than gaming a qc is overkill. You can bet ip4 gets the quad core so the selling point is reserved. It. Is the future and what all devices will have sooner than later. Well not all but the better products.
It's all about selling features. They won't give it all up now. Ip4 will be light. This possible 7" tab is proof they want to sell us stuff. Rmember, Seve said no to a 7" ipad

Last edited:
OP
I

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got to admit I'd like to see a few iPad 3 vs iPad 2 comparison videos first from other buyers before I decide whether to sell the iPad 2. To be honest, this iPad is perfect for the things I do and I would need real convincing. So, I will await the reiews. Main worry is if I wait for iPad 4 the resale value of 2 will have gone down to a level where it would no longer be worth selling. If that's the case it means forking another £400 as opposed to £150 or so now.

Most reactions

Latest posts