What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 games storage

matosse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have a 32 gb ipad 3 and have 17 gb left after all my apps installed. I like to play games and I'm worry about the storage that the high resolution games will take. I recentky discover iexplorer that give me the opportunity to store all my saved games. So I can delete some games that I think I would not play anytime soon without worries about losing all my games progression. I'm still wondering if I should change my 32 gb to a 64 gb. What should I do ??

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a question you will have to answer. However if you are in a position where you can return it and upgrade or sell yours for a pretty good price you might go ahead if you are worried about it. Better to have too much space than not enough. This coming from my 16gb iPad which still has 11gb available. :)

OP
M

matosse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can do that but I have to pay 120$ for the 64 gb so I'm wondering if I really need that. Is there people with a 32 gb Ipad 3 that regrets they didn't get a 64 gb?

L

Lunar

As already stated..only you can decide.. unless people want to start decoding their movies to take advantage of the higher resolution screen the situation hasn't changed that much from the iPad 2 as in reality I think once they start to realize how long these movies take to rip and the size they take up, most will stick with standard rips, which look good anyway.

I don't think apps will increase in size significantly purely because they support the higher res screens, certainly all the ones' thats been recently updated have'nt jumped that much in size. Same goes for most games, though obviously it is likely as games get better they will increase in size. Have you ever known any update be smaller in size than the previous version.. it's certainly rare. Everytime one of the many free apps come out with an update, it's often more to do with adding more adverts into it. and it always ends up being larger.

If you think you will use or need the added memory and the extra cost is not going to be greatly missed, then I'd upgrade, but if your not into storing films or massive amounts of video clips etc. I just would'nt bother, as the 32gb will be more than enough even for future games. Also depends how many you want installed at any one time.

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can do that but I have to pay 120$ for the 64 gb so I'm wondering if I really need that. Is there people with a 32 gb Ipad 3 that regrets they didn't get a 64 gb?

You can always find someone who regrets not buying more storage. I know if I had bought 32 I would definitely regret it has I'm using more than 32GB on my 64GB iPad!

The extra storage should cost you $100 more. Frankly, I think you should get the extra storage so ensure you won't have regrets. Then use it.

Most reactions