What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happens to sent mail?

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know what happens to sent mail? How long does it stay oh the iPad? If you have to restore your iPad will the emails be there too? Does it get synced to your server?

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The emails stay on your iPad when you send them. The email address you use also stores all the emails online so if u need to look at an email you can just sign in online to the mail server online. If you restore your iPad and back it up from the firmware right before the u restored it, than you may still have the files other than that the iPad deletes everything when it is restored.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It depends.

With a POP account the sent emails are stored on the iPad. With an IMAP account they may be stored on the iPad, or on the server. It depends on the account and how you have it set up. When you dig through your account settings you should eventually find some Advanced settings, and folder settings. If you can chose between storing sent emails on the server or locally, it will be here. Trash can also be set here, sometimes.

If you have an internet connection, the iPad will send the email immediately. Immediately can take a while. When the email is finally sent the iPad should give you a kind of jet taking off sound, provided you have those sounds turned on.

If you create the email when you have no connection the iPad should send it the next time you have a connection and start the Mail app. It's possible it might send it without starting the app, but I've never tested this and would not count on it.

OP
NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It,s a POP. I guess I just want to e make sure I have the emails I send to clients so maybe I just need to sent myself a copy of each email.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It,s a POP. I guess I just want to e make sure I have the emails I send to clients so maybe I just need to sent myself a copy of each email.

I'm sure you know this but ..

'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Always BCC myself' -> 'On' to always send yourself a copy of the email automatically.

Tim

OP
NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I'm sure you know this but ..

'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Always BCC myself' -> 'On' to always send yourself a copy of the email automatically.

Tim

Yeah, got it set for that, thanks all.

Most reactions