What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Exactly Can You Do With Bluetooth?

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, the ipad has bt..

but what good is it, u cant transfer files or anything..

also, im having probs pairing, it discovered my laptop, i enter in code.. but says it needs driver..

i just got new laptop and am installing itunes.. maybe i just need itunes..

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth on the ipad is a bit crap, it only gives you very limited functionality.

Bluetooth in general promised great things, and then failed to deliver - I'd suggest because it really isn't very secure, to the point of being quite scary - and i'm usually fairly cynical about security scares!. Only really useful thing I use it for is for phone headsets and apparently Bluetooth stereo headsets are pretty good.

With the right bits of fairly easy to acquire software, you can go to a public area with a laptop and suck almost every bit of data from dozens of cellphones an hour with their Bluetooth turned on...

Last edited:
OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, I figured its crap on the iPad being that Apple doesnt really want anybody transferring info wirelessly, i guess becuz of security reasons, which I can understand, better to be safe then sorry..

anyway, I installed iTunes, and got a lil further in that my ipad and my puter have successfully paired.. altough it says driver not supported when I tried to transfer a pic from laptop to ipad..

oh well..:confused:

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad bluetooth with an Apple (silver) keyboard, bluetooth headphones and my Spracht Aura BluNote speaker system. It works great, I wouldn't be without it.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ok, the ipad has bt..

but what good is it, u cant transfer files or anything..

also, im having probs pairing, it discovered my laptop, i enter in code.. but says it needs driver..

i just got new laptop and am installing itunes.. maybe i just need itunes..

I would really like to connect my BT GPS to my iPad WiFi but no luck. The BT services supported by iPad seem to be quite limited, I assume by design.

wnaylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth can be used to stream to bluetooth speakers and if your car supports bluetooth you can stream anything that can play on your iPad including apps like pandora, Last.Fm etc. Apple has updated the latest OS 4.1 to include playing the next song or the last song played.

Most reactions

Latest posts