What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does your desk look like

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stick2e said:
Amateur radio, often called ham radio, is both a hobby and a service in which participants, called "hams," use various types of radio communications equipment to communicate with other radio amateurs for public services, recreation and self-training.

good info!

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amateur radio is sometimes referred to as ham radio. This is how you can talk to people around the world without using the Internet!

Amateur radio, often called ham radio, is both a hobby and a service in which participants, called "hams," use various types of radio communications equipment to communicate with other radio amateurs for public services, recreation and self-training.

so 1991-C4 is a HAM!!!!

I KNEW IT!!! :D :p

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Here is my work desk, well, half of it. Crappy pic, but shows enough. I dont have a desk at home, just a laptop stand near the couch I use. Too comfy not to.

Attachments

• desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 246

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that's neat!

how do you find other people around the world?
Actually, it is pretty much hit or miss. How far you can talk depends on many factors such as the the particular frequency you are using, the time of day, the time of year and even where we are in the 11 year sun spot cycle. Amateur radio operators love sunspots... the more the better! Unfortunately, the bottom of the last sunspot cycle (sometimes called the solar cycle) was in December, 2008 so we are just barely 2 years past the worst possible conditions for long range communications. The means it will probably be 3-4 more years before the next peak.

Confused yet?

OP
Z

zrb0529

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nifty!

I think I'd like to get in on that.

Also..why are sunspots good for radio use? I thought they were bad in some way..or maybe that was solar flares...

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sunspots are good because they charge our ionosphere so the radio waves will bounce off of them enabling us to bounce our signals further.

I'd post a picture of my desk (shack) but I can't figure it out!?!?

De K5SBH

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok guys....make your own Ham Radio Topic if you wanna discuss this more....this is about DESKS!

Will post a pic of mine later on today EST.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's my 'command center'.

I'm a ham radio operator, so I have a bit more equipment than the normal person.. The iPad isn't at my desk because I run two computers. (One Linux the other one Windows).. I use the iPad everywhere else... It sits in my living room plugged in to the charger. I take it along with me every time I go out.

Another ham. Nice setup. where are the boatanchors and your Vibroplex?

Bob Maxey

Most reactions

Latest posts