What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does "Rev A" mean?

buzzzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to download iOS firmware for my iPad from google. I opened the list, and found two iPad 2 6.0.1 wifi only for wares. One says "Rev A" and the other doesn't. What does that mean?

PS the purpose of this is not for jail breaking. I just need to restore my iPad with a non-SaudiArabian firmware so I can get FaceTime to work on it.

Thanksthanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
buzzzz said:
Hi,

I want to download iOS firmware for my iPad from google. I opened the list, and found two iPad 2 6.0.1 wifi only for wares. One says "Rev A" and the other doesn't. What does that mean?

PS the purpose of this is not for jail breaking. I just need to restore my iPad with a non-SaudiArabian firmware so I can get FaceTime to work on it.

Thanksthanks

I'm sorry to tell you that there's nothing you can do to get FaceTime to work on an iPad that was purchased in Saudi Arabia. These iPads are fundamentally different from regular iPads. Their lack of FaceTime is a requirement for allowing their sale in Saudi Arabia. The lack of FaceTime is built into the hardware of these iPads, so no amount of fiddling on your end will get it to work.

OP
B

buzzzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I'm sorry to tell you that there's nothing you can do to get FaceTime to work on an iPad that was purchased in Saudi Arabia. These iPads are fundamentally different from regular iPads. Their lack of FaceTime is a requirement for allowing their sale in Saudi Arabia. The lack of FaceTime is built into the hardware of these iPads, so no amount of fiddling on your end will get it to work.

Are you sure?
The trick have worked with my iPhone 4S and iPad 3.. I'm doing this for my brothers iPad 2

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
buzzzz said:
Are you sure?
The trick have worked with my iPhone 4S and iPad 3.. I'm doing this for my brothers iPad 2

Yes this is true unless something new has come to light on this problem. Were the iPhone 4S and iPad 3 bought in Saudi Arabia? FaceTime was introduced with the update to IOS5 so updating to this IOS would have installed FaceTime on them if they were bought elsewhere although I'm sure ipad3 would have had at least this OS already. This would be very welcome news for many if true.

Most reactions

Latest posts