What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the fact you can add all manner of hardware.... very conveinient. I do however get frustrated in not being able to do some of the simplest of tasks without an issue.

bluesgarden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
localhost8080 said:
reading things :D

i have 'reeder' for all my rss feeds, its awesome.

also 'tapatalk' for all my forums
then kindle app and ibooks and itunesU!!

i also use it for podcasts :)

What is tapatalk? Sounds interesting

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tapatalk is an app that is used to read forums

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beards said:
I like the fact you can add all manner of hardware.... very conveinient. I do however get frustrated in not being able to do some of the simplest of tasks without an issue.

Welcome, Beards. I find the iPad has so many advantages, it's convenience, ease of use, portability etc. However, as you say, some tasks on software, such as WP, DTP, Spreadsheets can be difficult if you wish to use more complex facilities as used on a laptop or PC. However, you will find ways of working as you settle into using an iPad.

BTW, I find that an external keyboard is a superb accessory at times. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome, Beards. I find the iPad has so many advantages, it's convenience, ease of use, portability etc. However, as you say, some tasks on software, such as WP, DTP, Spreadsheets can be difficult if you wish to use more complex facilities as used on a laptop or PC. However, you will find ways of working as you settle into using an iPad.

BTW, I find that an external keyboard is a superb accessory at times. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF
Thank you Richard.
Yes, I'm about to purchase a keyboard. I do find the software keyboard limiting but I also knew full well the constraints I would find.
That makes the choice easier to substantiate.

mehtarohit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh! hard to answer question. I have done a lot with iPad. Generally i do like :-
Reading ebooks
Browsing sites, Social networks
Playing with apps (including games, creative apps)
Watching HD movies & videos
Taking pictures, making videos for fun
Enjoying Hi-tech device even in park, jungle, roof, in train, in flight with a longer battery life.

.... Many more things to do with iPad. Really it is a rocking device.

Last edited:

belal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh! hard to answer question. I have done a lot with iPad. Generally i do like :-
Reading ebooks
Browsing sites, Social networks
Playing with apps (including games, creative apps)
Watching HD movies & videos
Taking pictures, making videos for fun
Enjoying Hi-tech device even in park, jungle, roof, in train, in flight with a longer battery life.

.... Many more things to do with iPad. Really it is a rocking device.
more
I couldn't agree more

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was torn between getting a laptop or getting the ipad.

Obviously I'm here writing this now so wasn't torn for long :p

I didn't think I'd use my ipad that much, I have the iPhone and the Apple Mac but tbh this is like my new best friend that I take everywhere and do everything on it. I actually deleted most the apps off my iPhone earlier today as I prefer to use them via the ipad.

Uses of the ipad:

To keep me up to date with appointments and clubs that my children attend. I find the use of the calendar and the reminders app better on ipad than iPhone ( bigger screen)

I play tons of different games as a boredom killer.. And I also use the kindle app for books. Very valuable to my children also who love to read and the screen size is perfect for that!

Even find that I choose to use the iMessage instead of the messaging via my iPhone but also love that it shows up on both devices!

The best thing I like is the that my children can access google documents to do there homework on and are able to log on the mac also to complete.. It's valuable to be able to share devices in a busy household and access everything anywhere.

And Netflix for my movies...

This message was brought to you from my lovely new ipad

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad is more handy than laptops that's why I like it much :) i'll use it for FB, twitter, emails, etc. and of course reading ebooks. weeee

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll use my ipad Mini for: surfing the Web, reading ebooks, playing a few games (Zynga Poker, Family Feud, Deal or No Deal, Phase 10), and using it as a diary.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Bearg001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it to playing games because i think is very different to play with an ipad. It could be very enjoying and more fun than others....

Most reactions