What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I plan to buy an extra iPad and mount it in the kitchen as a recipe/wine manager.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ardchoille said:
I plan to buy an extra iPad and mount it in the kitchen as a recipe/wine manager.

Hi there ardchoille. Welcome to the forums. We are a friendly bunch, willing to share ideas, thoughts, jokes, pictures etc. I'm sure you will enjoy our company.

I suggest you look at the food thread, unless you already have. ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Hi there ardchoille. Welcome to the forums. We are a friendly bunch, willing to share ideas, thoughts, jokes, pictures etc. I'm sure you will enjoy our company.

I suggest you look at the food thread, unless you already have. ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thanks! Oh, don't get me into a food thread, you'll never get me out of there, lol.

Talk2USoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rarely use a laptop or PC since getting my first iPad. I have the (full) keyboard doc that was intended for iPad1, but fits the 2 & 3 while in their Otterbox Defender Cases (note that the latest Otterbox Defender Case made the charging port opening smaller and will NOT work in the keyboard doc)

Here's my list:

Email - 23 addresses & counting ( I DO need them *all ;)
Texting
Phone (thru Whistle app & Textfree app)
Facebook
Arm/Disarm out of state security system
GPS thru AT&T's Navigator app
Yoga instruction
Fiber Arts - I knit, collect patterns & catalog projects & "stash"
Ebay (buy & sell)
Etsy
Manage & edit photos sent from my cameras' Eye-Fi card (WiFi Enabled SD cards)
Fitbit (access my data from FitBit device and my (blabbermouth ;) Aria bathroom scale
Stalking - with permission, of course! via Find my iPhone or Find Friends apps
Entertainment - HBO Go, NetFlix & various iTunes purchases
Recipe upload - visit keyingredient.com - same user name & paprika's my fav recipe app
Manage my autistic adult daughter's diabetes through apps that chart & give me carb counts
Read - started out with Zinio for magazines but found I prefer a magazine's dedicated app, Kindle app being the most
used as the family has several Kindles, including the original Fire
As a TIMER - an app titled simply NAG being my current favorite - as we spend many a night monitoring our girl

Talk2USoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drover said:
I have used my iPad for all the 'usual' stuff and just love it. Recently I have been using it to study photography notes and camera instruction manual. I used DropBox and LogMeIn for this and it works great. Wish I could copy a DVD course from my iMac to view/listen to on iPad.

I rip DVD's I own to view on my iPad using a program from a company known as CucSoft. I don't know if they have a version for the Mac. I use it on a PC.

Talk2USoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sass said:
When I pick up my ipad, I always think of how sorry I am that I switched from a 2 to a 3. The wifi on 3 simply stinks!

I don't have very much experience with WiFi outside of my own home using the 3 (maybe a half dozen times in total?) but I haven't found it to be any different. What specifically goes wrong?

Chalicemedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.chalicemedia.com
I now do over 70% of my work on iPad -- design, development, content, and graphics. Just recently upgraded to iPad 4 64GB, because the iPad 1 was getting slow, crowded, and crashy.

iPad 1 WiFi/3G 32 GB, iPad 4 WiFi 64 GB

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sass said:
When I pick up my ipad, I always think of how sorry I am that I switched from a 2 to a 3. The wifi on 3 simply stinks!

If I were you, I'd do a top down review of my setup. Either your particular iPad 3 has problem or there is some issue with your wifi router. Either way, there is no good reason to let it stand. Generally speaking, there is nothing wrong with the wifi on the iPad 3.

Clix Pix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had iPads since Launch Day 2010 and have loved them all...... Right now the household is rocking the iPad 3 and the iPad Mini. What do I do with them?

--Check email, respond to email, send out new email from home or when I'm out of the house and away from home

--Check my various online forums and respond to posts or make new posts, again, either at home or away from home

--Check Facebook (when I remember to do so -- not a heavy user of that!)

--Surf the web to look up something when I am in need of information about a particular person or subject (really comes in handy when I'm out with friends and we get into a discussion and I can pull out the iPad and find answers!)

--Play games both alone or with a friend who also has an iPad

--Add new appointments and such to my calendar

--Make notes to myself about something I need to do later

--Read books I've purchased through iBooks, read a couple of my magazines that have digital editions along with their print versions

--Show off my photos

--Watch videos, tv shows, movies (both material that I have synced from iTunes in the computer or new material on YouTube, in online news articles, etc.)

--Listen to music

There are probably a couple more things; these are what immediately came to mind!

msmartinseo786

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good posting. With the eveolution of Ipad and tablets, intenet world has been more easily available to us. Now we can also read any magazine on our tablet or Ipad by getting its subscription. So, It has invented or created a digital publication industry all over the world.

vishaal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also looking forward to using it as a remote console for my servers when I need quick access from someones desk. Then of course, there's sitting on the couch reading the news and generally browsing the web to keep up with the world, reading books, of course.

oleyellabuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the better question is what DON'T I use the iPad for. I'm completely sold on this form factor and I think the mini just took it to another level.

Only thing now is waiting for the software to catch up so that we can get desktop-like functionality on this thing.

Jamellla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad for many things, photography is one part of it.
The best thing in using iPad is the Photoshop Touch and then bringing the iPad edited photos into Photoshop. Nice to see quick edits and such. iPads is a very useful gadget nowadays.

Most reactions

Latest posts