What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

Snakebit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.millionair.com
I manage a truly global network that spans from Puert Rico to Alaska. I spend 90% of my time rdp'd into windows servers and win7 admin tools. I say all that to explain that I only bought this Ipad to beta test for the CEO. To put it another way, to prove to him it would not be a business tool worthy of making it into his already overstuffed travel bag.

But after loading a couple of RDP apps and basic network tools on it........Well let's just say he isn't getting this one!!!

I am simply blown away. So I will be using this ADDICTIVE as h#<> machine as my REMOTE network admin console. I can't believe I got sucked in so bad. I have so much crow to eat now. :)

And shhhhh....watching a late night movie on it ain't half bad either!;)

ak allthe way

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadexpanded.com
I love it

I love :D my ipad and will find more and more uses for it (like I did my iphone). Still getting used to it though and so far the only thing I would love is if I could fold it in half.:ipad-keyboard:

ak allthe way

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadexpanded.com
Oh yeah, Im a guitar teacher and use it for teaching, like keeping notes on each student, you tubing for all the songs, tabbing and reccording the lesson and then, bingo I email off the recorded lesson and associated attachments. It's all in one, record, notpad, internet and I am right now checking apps for multi track recording. Oh yeah!!

Ligsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone having trouble sending readable PDFs?

I wanted to use my iPad for writing Quotes and Invoices on the move using iPad Pages.
But since google docs can't red the PDFs sent by pages and Adobe has trouble reading the layout and fonts used by Pages it has rendered by iPad USELESS!!!
Is anyone else having these problems?

nursedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll use it mostly as an e-reader, for email and surfing. I may buy the iNotes app so I can do light word processing as well.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, 1 day after purchase, I am mostly using it for the internet, email, and a couple of games (Warpgate HD and Pinball HD are the two I keep coming back to).

Got a couple of books (one on iBooks, one on Kindle), and played around with a few other apps (Air Video works great).

Looking for a few more "deep" games now.

After NOVA and that Gameloft COD ripoff (Desert Combat?), Im convinced that fps dont work, at least until some clever person can manage a hack for a bluetooth controller.

ravynshadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take online classes and I will use it for that plus I use it to read books get on the Internet and as an organizer

Yoshiki UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting one later in the month and I plan to use it for a bit of e-reading (still need to be convinced), checking the news/weather every day in the morning, general internet browsing in my living room in the evenings so I don't need to plug my laptop in which i find is always out of batteries when I don't want it to be.

Thing is, at the moment my internet browsing in front of the TV goes like this;

iPod Touch. Website loads. Accidently click on a link. Press back. Doesn't register. Click again. Kicks me back to google. Get annoyed. Turn on laptop. Out of battery. Plug in. Boot up. Wait until it 'warms up'. etc etc.

I want to replace that with;

iPad. Browse internet. Hooray.

When football season comes around again, one of my favourite things that I have done with my Touch is to sit watching the TV, with NFL.com on safari for scores and twitter open as a 'commentary' to the game I am watching. This will be made 100x better with the iPad, and hopefully by Septemeber/October, an app.

Watching videos in bed will be made possible with the iPad, something i could never really justify with the small screen of the Touch.

So a lot then:D

nanobozho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
loading mine up with sonic apps... morphwiz, bloom, thumbjam, bebot, sonic wire, etc... was using my iphone in performance (stopped dragging my micromoog out of the house) and soon saw how i could use the ipad instead...
~w

slang701

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Monitor my ads 24 hours and discover new online marketing&advertising media and platforms.

mr2bur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad on my train commute to do email, surf the net and read the news.

Silken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope to use mine for everyday tasks such as reading email, surfing the web etc. Might even indulge in a movie or two whilst commuting into uni.

JoebinXXX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it to do the everydays.. Surfin the web of course, cook books and I love the easy of acsess to the news, I ues the app "early edition" It has clips and articles on everything and if you want more just tap and it will take you to that web site..

I have the 64g Ipad but the more I have I think I prolly dont need the 64 gigs, should have got the 32g!

Most reactions