What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

vinneybrowne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a poker nut so I can't wait to start playing poker on the iPad. Bwin have a native iPhone app and there are also a couple of web based poker apps that I'm looking forward to trying.

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will use it when I go camping and riding my ATV. Watch movies, videos and read at camp. When around the house use it to play games and run different apps.[/QUOTE

how do i set it up to connect to the internet.i am a newbee and have now idea how to start the internet or get a service provider.it says zoom but does not connect.nice to meet you.
Ralph (dusty333)

Hi You need to get AT&T, Verizon to use the internet. I use AT&T but you have to look up your local service also. Then you start an account, hook up to the internet. They will explain it all to you. Getting iPad connected is another thing. I had to get a company in to set up my wifi so I could use my iPad. I'm not technie that is for sure. Just call an internet provider or go to their website. Hope that helps you a little.

Pichon617

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use & take my iPad everywhere I like to play games, surf the web, read & send emails, plus I coach football so I use it for my playbooks.

Sent from the iPad you lost & I found 32g 3G/wifi jb w/redsn0w

fanren

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It will most likely replace my laptop as my traveling companion when I have to take short trips for work and don't need all the power of my laptop and I'm sure I'll load up a movie or 2 when I'm on vacation. Come to think of it, a movie would be nice to have sometimes when I'm camping. When the weather turns bad, it's nice to have a distraction.

GDES

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackberry Playbook not working

Was playing on my Blackberry playbook and it suddenly went blank. Does not start nor charge now. Any suggestions?:mad:

Shutterbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad all day long-literally. I use it as an alarm clock since my 'real' clock's snooze feature broke. On the clock display I have current weather and temperature so I know how to dress for work.

I check Flipboard to get my facebook and news fix before work, and have enable news pushes so I know if something is going on globally.

TuneIn Radio gets me up to date on local news while USA Today, CNN, and npr keep me up to speed with national and global info. I use wi-fi most but have 3G so I check my Data Usage especially with the new tiered data plans.

I currently use Quickoffice, Dropbox, and Pentultimate for work apps. For reminders, I'm trialing Next! and Sorted for to-do lists throughout the day. If I need to print something I have Printer Pro at the ready.

At the end of the day I have my Epicurious, AllRecipes and The Recipe Box for dinner ideas and can email lists to my Blackberry for a quick run into the grocery store on my way home.

I read Time Magazine on my iPad and have Zinio for my Macworld subscription. I use Netflix for intant viewing and have both Kindle for iPad and iBooks.

My laptop (heavy and clunky by comparison) is now left behind and used for dvd watching in the evenings when I can't find something I want to watch on Netflix.

HTMLEgg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
htmlegg.aidaluu.com
I'm a designer, so I use my iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices for web design along with the regular stuff like emails, web, etc.

Haven't really been reading much, not really a book worm type.

OttoRijswijk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HTMLEgg said:
I'm a designer, so I use my iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices for web design along with the regular stuff like emails, web, etc.

Haven't really been reading much, not really a book worm type.

I use it for mail FaceTime and other social things like facebook.
But i also use it for games and other entertainment.

iPad 2 wifi only 32GB

msny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Used mainly for reading books and for wi-fi as I travel.
Will rent movies for the flights.

jblennon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mostly for browsing and games! But come college time I hope to be able to use it religiously for accessing and manipulating notes!!

iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch, shuffle, iPad 2

johnnyoch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
-Reading magazines
-facebooking
-watching movies
-surfing the net
-playing some games
-tracker of my schedules

:ipad-front: I LOVE MY IPAD!

extrajule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My gosh - for everything a pc does. I no longer take my pc on the road with me. I can bring up power point presentations and photo presentations instantly. Rather than waiting for a pc to "boot up". I track health info instantly and e mail and any thing else available

Need to fix the adope issue. Other than that it's great

Most reactions

Latest posts