What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think about the case?

jaspertyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of you that got the Apple case for this, what do you think about it? Does it have an option to fold flat against the back?

Thanks!

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of you that got the Apple case for this, what do you think about it? Does it have an option to fold flat against the back?

Thanks!

I did not get the Apple case. They did not even have one out at the Pentagon City store. I did get the foldable one by Incase. 59.00, but it is leather and has all sorts of folding options.

brandonhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the cimo soft silcone case last week. When I got the pad today they had the apple foldable case. I picked it up also. I really like the apple case for on the go, but I really like the cimo case for around the house. Glad I got both:)

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up the apple case, I am still undecided on it. I thought it would have been more rigid. It does not stand up well on it's own, that is where more rigidity would have been nice. It feels nice, and looks nice. I don't think it's worth $40. I have 14 days to decide. There's no problem with it being flat. Hope this helps

digitalbits6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple case has soft microfibers on the inside. Fits the iPad very well, a little snug and all the right holes for switches, cables. It's a little hard to remove the iPad from the case, but its brand new. I like the stiff skirt fringe around the edges. If the iPad falls, then this stiff 3/16" rib can absorb a little shock before it bends. Not that it is a replacement for being careful or a travel case.

The speaker on the bottom has a series of little holes to let the sound out. The front cover flap keeps the touch screen protected. The cover flap can be folded 180 degrees, so you can hold the iPad and flip through pages like there is no cover at all. On the back, there is a slot to hold the cover to make an angle, like in the photos. One angle is tall for watching videos, reading a receipe and the other is for laying flatter, with an incline for typing.

Overall, a pretty good design. $40 is a little steep, but that's were some of the margin is on the accessories.

I think I'll have to get another charger, since my iPhone 3G charges won't charge this iPad up (not enough power).

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com

Thanks!
I got the Apple case today, they had a ton at the Apple Dadeland Mall Store here in Miami. It fits the iPad very snug as another member pointed out. It does lay flat, but you will notice that the notch used to keep the flap in place (when using it as a stand) does stick out a bit and it is not 100% flat...I know it's a bit picky, but I'm trying to help you with your purchase. Overall it feels great and quite frankly it probably wont come off the iPad :)

let me know if you have more questions about it, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the Incase Travel Kit Plus-just hit the Apple Store today. The Apple clerk told me my Apple Ipad case would slide in without a problem-well it does not fit. I like the Incase unit-and I need something to "hold" onto when I just have my pad in my hands. I like the feel of the Apple case but the corners keep the zipper from closing nicely. Also the material on the Apple case makes the slide into the Incase a little tough-getting it out is even harder. Now I am back to the drawing board I think. Incase Travel Kit Plus for iPad - Apple Store (U.S.)

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was not impressed with the Apple iPad Case when it arrived (still waiting for the iPad 3G :(). My brother arrived with his iPad 64 GB Wifi (DAMN HIM!!). He had the Incase convertible case. Its a good product and well made but it was a bit thick for my taste. The adjustable stand was great for watching videos but I found it uncomfortable for typing.

I tried my Apple case on it and it felt...almost...magical (I know, but I just couldn't resist it). Seriously, the Apple case worked really nicely. It was thinner so it felt better in my hands and typing with it in the slanted position was much better than with the Incase. I propped the Apple case in landscape mode and found it worked nicely. It was not nearly as unsteady as some reviews had led me to believe (though the Incase was a bit more stable).

Incase and Apple's iPad case are both fine products. I just find the Apple case was a better fit for me.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it does fold against the back nicely. It's got a good tacky feel about it too to make it easy to handle. I find it about perfect.....if you are looking for protection though, it is minimal (say, if you drop it). On the other hand a more protective case may be more unwieldy so pick your poison. Btw, it is a bit pricy but is it does look durable and you won't think about the extra ten bucks you paid weeks from now.

Most reactions

Latest posts