What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In English, of course. I read "Childhoods end" and "Rendezvous with Rama" in English. Learning by doing. :D

Ãœbung macht den Meister.

Hope you enjoy it. It is my favorite book. I've read it cover to cover 100s of times, and practically have it memorized.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm..but I really like jrr tolkien

Me too. Nothing wrong with reading LotR first. It's just that The Hobbit gives some background to the later book. My bad. I made an assumption that you were taking them in order.

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too. Nothing wrong with reading LotR first. It's just that The Hobbit gives some background to the later book. My bad. I made an assumption that you were taking them in order.

o_O I will soon buy the hobbit movie in iTunes

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
o_O I will soon buy the hobbit movie in iTunes

I saw it at the theatre. I wasn't overly impressed. It could easily have been called "1001 ways to nearly kill a hobbit".

The LotR movies were great, although for my money, they injected a deal too much humor. The books managed to convey the misery and terror of the almost hopeless task facing the Fellowship. I found that lacking in the movies.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nikhil said:
Already done with lord of rings

That's how I read them too. I'd never heard of them and someone gave me Fellowship which I devoured once I started it. I read the other two and it was almost 4 years later I found the Hobbit.

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's how I read them too. I'd never heard of them and someone gave me Fellowship which I devoured once I started it. I read the other two and it was almost 4 years later I found the Hobbit.

Did even you like it?

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, the books immerse you into another world and the Hobbit isn't necessary, but it is very good and explains a few things. I really enjoyed them all.

Edit: in fact I am reading a book about Tolkien's art for The Hobbit.

image-2999074231.jpg

From inside ...

Attachments

• image-3125511567.jpg
    image-3125511567.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts