What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Posting new photos of the road repair near my house.

image-734407733.jpg

image-3374539639.jpg

image-4004405675.jpg

image-2473155458.jpg

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thinking, "ooh health and safety!" while looking at Scifan's photos of the reroofing works.

There would be a lot more scaffolding and safety warnings, rails etc in the UK.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Callander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waking up in Scotland after the long drove up from London, yesterday!
8 hours, 450 miles. Liberally sprinkled with T & P breaks. A journey I undertake about 6 times a year.
It appears that we will also,have to get the roofers out. As all the torrential rain we have been enduring, has got through the roof, destroying the kitchen ceiling.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Callander said:
Waking up in Scotland after the long drove up from London, yesterday!
8 hours, 450 miles. Liberally sprinkled with T & P breaks. A journey I undertake about 6 times a year.
It appears that we will also,have to get the roofers out. As all the torrential rain we have been enduring, has got through the roof, destroying the kitchen ceiling.

That brings back memories, Callander. I worked in Glenrothes New Town in the late 60s. The drive up from Kent took about 9 hours, so no changes there.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Thinking, "ooh health and safety!" while looking at Scifan's photos of the reroofing works.

It's hard to see in the photos but the roofers are wearing safety harnesses attached to safety lines.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's hard to see in the photos but the roofers are wearing safety harnesses attached to safety lines.

Even so, I echo Richard's comment re scaffolding here. Don't think I remember seeing workmen sitting on a roof like that without any scaffolding. And what appears to be throwing the tiles-- or rather, MUCH more likely-- letting them slide down carefully!, onto the lower section. Wouldn't chance walking underneath.

But most of us will agree, the UK has gone completely overboard with "Health & Safety" rules over here (IMHO :)). Mad times.

(Sent via iPF website; can't connect via the iPF app at present. The formatting seems to have a will of it's own here!)

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:

Yes, here too. They would have to have scaffolding all around that roof.

Nice church!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The re-roofing is already costing about $250,000.00,can you imagine how much more it would cost with UK safety rules?

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
The re-roofing is already costing about $250,000.00,can you imagine how much more it would cost with UK safety rules?

No, pass!!
Wouldn't want the treasurer's job, however many rich & generous parishioners there are.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan57 said:

Yup, overheads, such as site set up and safety measures can add a fair %age to the costs of a contract 'elf and safety can be a tad excessive at times. The safety CDM Regulatipns went overboard on lots of contracts, however I found the required manuals describing work, materials and maintenance procedures very useful.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Getting ready to volunteer for a Breast Cancer Event with the Senior PGA in the next few hours!

Newton301

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Every One !!!!
Exactly Now a time I am listening a song of Michael Jackson. Song is thriller. He is king of all singer in all over the world near about my knowledge. I really like it and listen it. GOD bless him.

Most reactions

Latest posts