What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know, really. I've never really used computer systems for getting around. I've been driving so long that I'm still stuck in the good old days of reading maps, asking directions and guess-work. I was looking at a map once of Utrecht in Holland, trying to figure out where the industrial area was likely to be, and ended up driving round the university. A campus cop helped me out that day, basically so he could get my truck off his patch.

The apps I'm referring to aren't for navigation; more like, hey, there's a restaurant open 24 hours off this exit, or there's a Starbucks or a dog park nearby.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll do some digging and see which ones look the most useful, but you can't go far wrong by looking on the Flying J and Pilot websites. Just stay away from the buffet. I've seen too many high speed bathroom visits terminating at the buffet table to feel comfortable eating where other hands have been.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I think it was a Flying J stop where I once saw a chapel, showers, sleeping accommodations and a barber on offer, along with the usual gas, food and such.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Waiting for "the good wife" to start. Basketball has delayed it - 45minutes late!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Drinking chocolate and drooling over the new pad

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
And you have a screen protector of course.
;)
AA

Could be - of course not lol!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sitting in a Boeing 777 cockpit waiting for the crew to arrive and release her. Cannot leave aircraft unattended.
Just finished doing some banking on my iPad.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What's a screen protector? Hee Hee. Yeah, yeah, only kidding. Tissues work wonders. I'm jealous. Members i know are all buying the new one! Jealous!!!

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
What's a screen protector? Hee Hee. Yeah, yeah, only kidding. Tissues work wonders. I'm jealous. Members i know are all buying the new one! Jealous!!!

I was helping someone upgrade to iOS 5.1 on their iPad 1 and iPhone 4 this afternoon and it looked just as good as new to me!!! I think we are lucky to have any iPad and / or iPhone at all!!! Happy padding Hayless!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Wondering why I didn't listen harder in Geography class.

AA

What can you be talking about, Admiral? I'll chuck another clue in later.

I'm back in school this week. All of my oilfield tickets have expired so I'm getting my 3-yearly week in the classroom. H2S today.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Is there an exam?

AA

Yes, but this is the third or fourth time I've taken it so I'm not too bothered. It's just a paid week off work, so life is good.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Most reactions