What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Relaxing after a fun morning tooling around on an old motorcycle. Left a 6 a.m., rode until 9, had a little breakfast and looped back.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
image-3231533038.jpg

And this is now the state of my ipad ;-( not impressed

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Getting ready to sit down and watch the WWDC keynote: https://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2014/

✔️ Drink
✔️ Sandwich
✔️ Cookies
✔️ Streaming link (see above).

The most reliable pundits are saying there won't be any big hardware announcements today. That's ok. Just finding out what iOS 8 and OS X 10 will be like will be interesting enough.

:D

12 minutes and counting. . .

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Getting ready to sit down and watch the WWDC keynote: https://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2014/ ✔️ Drink ✔️ Sandwich ✔️ Cookies ✔️ Streaming link (see above). The most reliable pundits are saying there won't be any big hardware announcements today. That's ok. Just finding out what iOS 8 and OS X 10 will be like will be interesting enough. :D 12 minutes and counting. . .
Only 4 minutes left!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All over; and despite not announcing a single new piece of hardware it was a fantastic keynote. Some of the major complaints about iOS have been addressed, if not directly then indirectly by giving developers new ways to implement things on iOS.

With iOS 8:

• Developers can now create new system wide keyboards.
  • Apps can share files with each other (not copies) via iCloud Drive. (must be enabled by app developer)
  • Widgets (even third party widgets) can be added to Notification Center.
  • If you have an iPhone, other Apple devices will now get your iPhone's SMS message (not just the iMessages).
  • Cheaper iCloud plans: 99¢ per/month for 20GB. (which you may need with all the new iCloud features)
  • Store nearly unlimited photos in your iCloud account. (not sure if that counts against the iCloud storage limit or not)

That's off the top of my head. There was much, much more.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are amazing TPoet! You can remember all of that and write it so concisely too!

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are too modest TPoet! You always seem to use the fewest words to say the most! ALWAYS! :);) thanks, Diane.

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Getting ready to sit down and watch the WWDC keynote: https://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2014/ ✔️ Drink ✔️ Sandwich ✔️ Cookies ✔️ Streaming link (see above). The most reliable pundits are saying there won't be any big hardware announcements today. That's ok. Just finding out what iOS 8 and OS X 10 will be like will be interesting enough. :D 12 minutes and counting. . .

I just watched it......thank you for that link!

I wish I had my check listed sorted before I began watching.....but I made my sandwich while watching! ;)

There's some really wonderful new features coming our way......just so many that I personally am going to love!

So glad that the iPad 2 will also be getting IOS8 also! Woohoo!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just watched it......thank you for that link!

You are welcome.

It was a fun show. The speakers were having a great time up on stage; a sign that they were happy with the products they were announcing.

I'm still absorbing the news, and the possible consequences, of iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite. I didn't think a no-hardware WWDC would be exciting, but I was wrong. I'm especially interested in the new Swift programming language. Maybe they've finally lowered the bar far enough that I can pretend to be a developer. ;)

Back to the news, and browsing the Swift programer's guide (available in the iBook Store, free, for those so inclined).

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are welcome. It was a fun show. The speakers were having a great time up on stage; a sign that they were happy with the products they were announcing. I'm still absorbing the news, and the possible consequences, of iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite. I didn't think a no-hardware WWDC would be exciting, but I was wrong. I'm especially interested in the new Swift programming language. Maybe they've finally lowered the bar far enough that I can pretend to be a developer. ;) Back to the news, and browsing the Swift programer's guide (available in the iBook Store, free, for those so inclined).

Lol.....the new Swift does look very good....to the point that I even started thinking along those lines.....just not long enough for me though, I'm just too busy right now! ;). But I'd sure be interested in anything you come up with!!

It was a great show, just so informative and so well presented....I guess they get a lot of practice, but still, very well done and very enjoyable!

I just can't wait for 8!! :)

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Getting ready to sit down and watch the WWDC keynote: https://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2014/

✔️ Drink
✔️ Sandwich
✔️ Cookies
✔️ Streaming link (see above).

The most reliable pundits are saying there won't be any big hardware announcements today. That's ok. Just finding out what iOS 8 and OS X 10 will be like will be interesting enough.

:D

12 minutes and counting. . .

The recap was good, thanks, and I hope these cookies were Oreos (I would have had milk and the mint and regular Oreo cookies to enjoy with Mr. Tim's address)

Most reactions

Latest posts