What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is that the topic of the essay or an answer to one of my posts?
The answer to your post.
I don't know a better word for "Aufsatz" in English. They have to write the essays at school, within 50 minutes. They can decide between two topics that I give them. Some write barely more than one page, some - the better ones, and interesting enough the girls this year - write up to three or four pages. The only help they're allowed to use is a dictionary.

They have to write a story that could have happened in reality.

Last edited:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What a great idea! When I was in Gr 5 the teacher walked around the room with a hat upside down and we each picked out a piece of paper. Each paper had the name of someone famous in history. I got Leonardo Da Vinci. I LOVED learning about him. We had to write a paper as well as get up in front of the class and give a talk about that persons life. I took up the WHOLE HOUR with my speech! I think it was the only thing in grade school I got 100% on!

Peace begins with a smile. :)
M Teresa

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey, I just did a translation and it says that word means essay or study!?

Peace begins with a smile. :)
M Teresa

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I just did a translation and it says that word means essay or study!? Peace begins with a smile. :) M Teresa
They have to cook up a story and write it down. It can be funny, scary or adventurous, but it has to sound as if it really happened. I hope that cleared things up?

Last edited:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They have to cook up a story and write it down. It can be funny, scary or adventurous, but it has to sound as if it really happened. I hope that cleared things up?
Now I understand completely! You actually did tell me that but there was more to the sentence so I didn't realize that was the topic! Thanks JA! I guess reading the ones that are only two or three sentences will be easy to read and mark. The most disheartening part of teaching is when you have a smart student who doesn't apply themselves, they just don't care!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now I understand completely! You actually did tell me that but there was more to the sentence so I didn't realize that was the topic! Thanks JA! I guess reading the ones that are only two or three sentences will be easy to read and mark. The most disheartening part of teaching is when you have a smart student who doesn't apply themselves, they just don't care!
If they had only written two or three sentences, I'd have failed teaching them. :) It's never easy to give a student a bad mark.
I'm glad that they all try their best. :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If they had only written two or three sentences, I'd have failed teaching them. :) It's never easy to give a student a bad mark. I'm glad that they all try their best. :)
You are VERY lucky to have every child do their best! That means you are a very inspiring teacher! Good for! Two thumbs up!!!

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
image-1478929458.jpg

This one's for you Johanna! :);)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You deserve it! There are very few teachers who are as dedicated as you! The sad thing about that is the great one's get burnt out the most! The mediocre teachers just breeze through it because they don't put in the effort required to inspire children to want to learn! Inspiring them to want to learn, regardless of their aptitude is a gift that keeps giving for the rest of their lives ! Bravo to you Johanna!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps not what you're looking for, but important nonetheless: something to further her motor skills, like Duplo or Plasticine.
Read a book to her, tell her stories where she's the hero.

Welcome to iPF, btw! :)

Most reactions