What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Apps Will You Load First To Best Appreciate The Retina Display?

marlenedegrood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 1 16G has been busting out at the seams for the past year, I'm really into synths & music creation apps and many are space hogs, so the upgrade to a 32G iPad 3 is really needed. I'm so full that I can only have 1 movie loaded at a time. I'm thinking a lot about how I'm going to best utilize the 2 iPads since I plan on keeping the old workhorse. I'm also thinking a lot about what apps or games I may want to load first that will really show off the retina display, of course an HD movie is a no brainer along with iMovie and iPhoto but I haven't a clue as to what game may show off the best ....
What are you loading up first?

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marlene: The only app update I've seen (for the apps I currently own) to take advantage of the retina display is Labyrinth 2 HD. They came out with an update today specifically touted to take advantage of the iPad 3 display. I haven't played this game in a long time, but I'll for sure check it out on the new machine.

OP
marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@billb1950 I just noticed that the App Store has a list of "Great Apps For The New iPad" (see the ever changing banner on the iPad App Store homepage for the link) ... I updated several apps today without noting whether they were being updated to be iPad 3 optimized so this list really makes it easy to keep track.

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marlene, I'll check it out. Thanks. And by the way, I just got an app update pushed out to my iPad 1 for Infinity Blade II for the new retina display. I don't play this game, but my family loves it.

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marlene, I'll check it out. Thanks. And by the way, I just got an app update pushed out to my iPad 1 for Infinity Blade II for the new retina display. I don't play this game, but my family loves it.

By the way, this Infinity Blade II app is now 791 MEG. Yikes......

Mimi38

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no idea where to post: How do I set iPad to open to icons page rather than settings whe I log on?

G

Grytpype

My suggestion isn't a game or a movie... have a look at the free Fotopedia apps. The "National Parks" one is the best of them, IMO. It's a collection of hundreds of beautiful photos, which look even better on the retina display.

Most reactions